• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Lithium and Uranium and green energy investments

6 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Nice video. 

Looks like Uranium might present an excellent buying opportunity soon. 
The recent booms seem to be selling off, hopefully it will get forgotten and go further. 

What Uranium stocks are you looking at guys? 
On brief look Energy Fuels & Cameco look good. What do you think @Bumble @HerefordBullyun @KDave??
Energy fuels is bouncing off support as fast as my inexperienced eyes can see?

Might be a sit back and wait for a few years thing as its a long term play and I would say this would be the first thing that gets liquidated in an economic downturn?? 
Maybe buy now and add more in the dips perhaps??

I am looking at NextGen uranium mining aswell as camco they have just been listed on Free trade.

I don't own anything in the uranium space at the moment. If I wanted to, I'd probably buy some GCL.L. I think we'll see a recovery in precious metals before we see uranium take off. Also, bear in mind that in recent years some big uranium producers have cut production and closed mines in response to low prices. If demand picks up, it should be fairly easy for them to bring production back on stream.

22 hours ago, KDave said:

@StacktasticStrong dollar not good for commodities, should be some cheaper deals on energy, metals (inc Uranium), etc throughout 2021 if history is about to rhyme?

I don't think people will go for it because of the Chernobyl's and Fukushima's of recent history. 

Good - better deals. Hopefully Im not buying now thats for sure. Yes that helps, but I cant see wind, solar or what ever else keeping up when there are electric cars, drones and robots all over the place, unless DARPA decide to leak some technology. Lets face it they must have some seriously advanced stuff with regards to energy storage, use & generation. NicolaTesla sort of stuff but with 100 years research. 

19 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Ive mentioned it before GCL gieger counter 

Not on 212. 

17 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Looking at cadence minerals taken a dip but certainly interesting 

On 212 - like the share price!! Lets hope it hits the 'brakes' and presents an even better offering. ;)
Im fed up with penny stocks!! 

17 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I am looking at NextGen uranium mining aswell as camco they have just been listed on Free trade.

Really, strange that they did not have that before!! 
I like Dennison - again a decent stare price & stock. Not researched it heavily mind you. 

8 hours ago, Bumble said:

I don't own anything in the uranium space at the moment. If I wanted to, I'd probably buy some GCL.L. I think we'll see a recovery in precious metals before we see uranium take off. Also, bear in mind that in recent years some big uranium producers have cut production and closed mines in response to low prices. If demand picks up, it should be fairly easy for them to bring production back on stream.

Glad you said that I feel the same. 

Edited by Stacktastic

i previously suggested that the ETF URA was not a good pick as it wasn't a uranium ETF. Well its holdings have been rejigged. i suspect with uranium being so bombed out the management moved funds out of uranium stock to protect the capital but have now moved them back.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/URA/holdings?p=URA

image.png.a8d8730c247475b46018129e22a200aa.png

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Bumble said:

There is a new Uranium royalty company (UROY) as of last week. I don't know much about it.

Sprott are just listing a new Uranium ETF also - dont know the name but I think its on this week weekly wrap up with Rick Rule

Edited by HerefordBullyun

36 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

least uranium isnt manipulated

Yeah Im patiently waiting for investors to get bored of uranium. 
Or they cash out when they need funds. 
Or there is a market correction. :)

Moreover I cant afford to have money tied up for years presently. 

10 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Yeah Im patiently waiting for investors to get bored of uranium. 
Or they cash out when they need funds. 
Or there is a market correction. :)

Moreover I cant afford to have money tied up for years presently. 

i think you will find now Uranium going further up soon get in on a dip asap. many are really bullish on it now

Edited by HerefordBullyun

8 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

i think you will find now Uranium going further up soon get in on a dip asap. many are really bullish on it now

Yeah. Maybe. I don't missing out if it goes to the moon.
I dont want to commit for anything too long term now especially as the markets are at all time highs & due a drop. 

I can also see it being sold off by bedroom investors if hard times hit. 
Kazamatron seems nice, given the dividend. Its first on my hit list on a market crash. 
Cameco is a no brainer & Yellow cake. Shame I sold dennison last year that was dirt cheap. 

Edited by Stacktastic

2 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Yeah. Maybe. I don't missing out if it goes to the moon.
I dont want to commit for anything too long term now especially as the markets are at all time highs & due a drop. 

I can also see it being sold off by bedroom investors if hard times hit. 
Kazamatron seems nice, given the dividend. Its first on my hit list on a market crash. 
Cameco is a no brainer & Yellow cake. 

There arent many bedroom investors in Uranium mate. 

On 03/05/2021 at 18:19, HerefordBullyun said:

There arent many bedroom investors in Uranium mate. 

Yeah but its very popular now. Envougue so to speak. 

I cant remember where, maybe Kitco, but someone was saying that it will fall out of favour before too long especially if a reactor goes down, but I do think a lot of speculators have bought shares in Uranium. ;)

Way over sold in relation to spot at present. A good buying opportunity should present itself in the next 2 years Especially if it fails to provide returns for investment firms (and thier clients) who don't realise the patience needed to invest in this. I might be talking out my arse, but thats my thoughts. 

Edited by Stacktastic

7 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Cameco was up over 10% market close my nexxgen screamed also

Yeah popular stocks atm. Waiting for people to get bored, move on or panic sell them in a downturn. 
Lets face it its the speculative plays that go first and also we are talking a 5-10 year investment! 

Vs an oil stock for example, which should provide results this year. 

Just now, Stacktastic said:

Yeah popular stocks atm. Waiting for people to get bored, move on or panic sell them in a downturn. 
Lets face it its the speculative plays that go first and also we are talking a 5-10 year investment! 

Vs an oil stock for example, which should provide results this year. 

its the commodity thats driving the price uranium is going up for demand and spot price

My top picks for this sector:

CQS Natural Resources Growth and Income

Exchange Traded Investment Fund/trust that holds shares in approx: 24% PMs, oil tankers 12%, uranium 4%, copper 12% industrial & rare earths 10%

up 250% since the lows of last year, but those were 20 year lows and at the time one could earn 40 dollars for each barrel of oil that they were willing to take delivery of! Is ran by the same firm that runs Golden Prospects Precious metals (GPM) and Geiger Counter Trust (GCT) for Uranium, which have all performed spectacularly and you have all three funds to play with to get your target allocations.  They're a professionally managed fund that can move between stocks depending on what has the better prospects/price, the CQS is the most diversified one.

Nordic Mining. Ticker NOM.OL

owns interest in Rutile, a naturally occurring mineral containing titanium dioxide, a mine that is yet to come online, but will be one of the largest deposits in what will be a tight market.

Also owns a lithium mine also which is also about to come live also. A potential drinking-money sized investment here could potentially turn into a tesla model 3 sized one in a year or two... 😉

Farmland Partners / Gladstone

Own a few patches of farms in the US. Unfortunately, these are not the colonial times anymore, so they are no longer giving out land for free in the states ;)

Both stocks have done well since the nov elections, but remain one of the few ways to publically invest in farmland, short of personally having to wake up at 5am to milk cows :D

Edited by Spark268

14 hours ago, Spark268 said:

CQS Natural Resources Growth and Income

Oh that looks nice, need to look into that more. 
Fabulous to have exposure to so much & also a 3+% dividend. 
Im sitting on cash (hopefully for a year or two) & like stocks like that. 

Thanks for sharing. :)

I have that Farmland one in a list. I need to do more on this as I have not responded to the Agriculture post I made. 

Edited by Stacktastic

you are welcome. Its a more exciting version of the blackrock world miners trust.

Stora Enso might be worth a punt: its one of the worlds largest private forest owners, but is primarily a paper & packaging company. Its not cheap, but is a quad play on the timber price boom/re-opening boom/e-commerce boom/transition from plastic to paper packaging, and I am not sure all this is priced in.

Edited by Spark268

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use