• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Lithium and Uranium and green energy investments

On 11/12/2020 at 12:25, HerefordBullyun said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/solar-energy-could-power-silver-higher

Silver coming hand in hand with the green energy market.

Good read

Yeah - it makes sense. but as per my above post its ill conceived. 

Flipping maloney was right - he is still a ****. ;)0

I can see the USA having a war with themselves or someone else as thats what they are best at. 
Also we shall see a big downturn of the west economically possibly?0
Lets face it global warming is fast becoming a fear regime & control is increasing. 
Plus technology is increasing so the risk of nuclear disaster will be nothing, even in the event of a natural disaster. 
And lastly freedom of speech and control of the people might increase so forget current dreams of free speech. 
And a nuclear plant just puts out water vapour although the storage and use of the waste is an issue at the moment. 

Edited by Stacktastic

• 5 weeks later...

What is this all about folks? 

I know this is carbon capture but what really lies at the heart of it is trying to find geniuses that excel & are not recognised. 
Plus Tesla manage to meet the green legislation that the USA should have agreed too in the rio summit in the 90's :(
Basically they gain world class resources & make a shed load of cash. I do like Elon though to be fair. ;)
Correct me if im wrong as it not over researched. 

https://news.yahoo.com/elon-musk-100-million-first-200014534.html

I seriously think we can be on to a winning super explosive new tech sector in the next few years. 
Im talking bought investing in a mines/producers or tech business that produces 50 fold returns. 
Its just a matter of getting in early and making the right moves. It could make bitcoin look like a game??

The robots, satellite systems, ai, 5G, genome, VR, information tracking and whatever else like that??
Asteroid mining projects maybe? Things are changing fast! Theories of putting your consciousness in digital are in discussion. 
Why mess about with the nuts and bolts when you can invest in pre or post IPO companies that can be the next Google?

Edited by Stacktastic

1 hour ago, Stacktastic said:

I seriously think we can be on to a winning super explosive new tech sector in the next few years. 
Im talking bought investing in a mines/producers or tech business that produces 50 fold returns. 
Its just a matter of getting in early and making the right moves. It could make bitcoin look like a game??

The robots, satellite systems, ai, 5G, genome, VR, information tracking and whatever else like that??
Asteroid mining projects maybe? Things are changing fast! Theories of putting your consciousness in digital are in discussion. 
Why mess about with the nuts and bolts when you can invest in pre or post IPO companies that can be the next Google?

This sounds like it could have been said in 1999, but you are right. If you can pick the next google then you are on to a winner but only if you hold. None of this "I will take profits in a year" stuff. ;)

How many people bought Amazon back in the day and held until today, very few I reckon. Virtually no one. 

Have you heard of coffee can investing? I do not advise this, in my view its a misnomer because to me this is gambling not investing, but its interesting as an idea. Set up a 'coffee can', a new trading account with a broker that has minimal holding fees (iweb would be a good one for this), buy 10 or 20 growth/AIM/startup companies you like the look of, more is better, and then completely forget about them. Come back in 20 years, open the coffee can and see how they have done; most likely the majority would have failed and disappeared, maybe a couple keep up with inflation or outperform. What you are hoping for is that maybe one does an Amazon. Amazon must have 1000 bagged at least over 20 years, more? Its a pure gamble. 

That is what you are talking about here though right? Picking new companies that hold promises and not much else, to me that is a gamble. The narrative laid out about the times changing fast is not an investment case. 

Bought this recently and its shot up yesterday. 300%. 

Its a methane capturing company that takes farm efluent and turns it into natural gas. 
Just got patents approved, backing from California  and huge investments. 
They can also run thier own plants using thier own product & solar. 

Also doing ethanol - hand sanitiser, alcohol & fuel. Having personally built a bio fuel processing plant & with an agriculture / environmental background this can be a potentially hot stock going forward. very early days. http://www.aemetis.com 

Lets face it Biden will cream his pants of this. ;)

Could be a bit of a bubble as its a bit of a penny stock. 
They have huge grants but have not created much revenue yet. 

Edited by Stacktastic

• 3 weeks later...

My friend has sent me this, what do you think? Green bonds. 

Its runs out this week, one day after earnings, so somehting tells me they will not be good. 
But its a guaranteed 4.5%. chart is not very encouraging, but the reviews from customers is largely positive. 
Not looked much further, but with this as long as the company does not go out of business - its guaranteed outside of the stock market risks?

Not particularly interested in this as I dont have any money left 😛
I would look into it if I had 100k to invest. boring but at least it's better than savings account. 

https://edfinvestors.com 

Edited by Stacktastic

17 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

There's a cheap penny lithium stock which I'm going to pile into. My target price is 10p but still very bullish on this.

Nice. 

And its slap bang in the biggest car producing country in the world LOL. 
VW alone could fund this whole company, let alone all the other automotive giants and green pressure.  
Especially if supply and demand kicks off over the next decade. 

How do you find these stocks out of interest? :)

Edited by Stacktastic

1 minute ago, Stacktastic said:

Nice. 

And its slap bang in the biggest car producing country in the world LOL. 

How do you find these stocks out of interest? :)

My secret squirrel trading group chat. 😂 Another one we are very bullish on is afritin tin miner and cheap to boot

20 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

My secret squirrel trading group chat. 😂 Another one we are very bullish on is afritin tin miner and cheap to boot

Thats doing well today. Is that AIM, I find those charts really annoying as the moves take forever. ;)

20 hours ago, Bumble said:

Uranium and battery metals stocks are flying today. Denison Mines +28%, MP Materials +16%, Callinex Mines +12%, FPX Nickel +10%, Canada Nickel +10%. Maybe they are benefiting from the fall in gold.

Im waiting for Uranium to fall out of favour or for people to move on to somehting new as there is a lot of time to invest in it. 
Yellowcake did not do so well, maybe because they are middle men? 

On 16/02/2021 at 10:28, HerefordBullyun said:

afritin tin miner and cheap to boot

@HerefordBullyun did you invest in Zinnwald? What price?

Afritin. Are they not owned by the same company - or linked?
Not a lot of Tin exposure on the UK markets and this mine is apparently huge with massive deposits and a lot of un charted areas. 
I like the CEO really genuine and realistic & yes it looks cheap. 
I have been looking at Rio tinto as it has global exposure and a great dividend, but its very expensive now.
Might pick that up on a crash or on big dips?
I would be tempted to sell it if commodities fly also, so wont get much from the dividend long term. 

This was a great video from yesterday about commodities and gold etc. Savvy bloke. 

Edited by Stacktastic

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/commodity-super-cycle-could-be-unlike-anything-weve-seen

On 17/02/2021 at 10:57, Stacktastic said:

Im waiting for Uranium to fall out of favour or for people to move on to somehting new as there is a lot of time to invest in it. 
Yellowcake did not do so well, maybe because they are middle men? 

@HerefordBullyun did you invest in Zinnwald? What price?

Afritin. Are they not owned by the same company - or linked?
Not a lot of Tin exposure on the UK markets and this mine is apparently huge with massive deposits and a lot of un charted areas. 
I like the CEO really genuine and realistic & yes it looks cheap. 
I have been looking at Rio tinto as it has global exposure and a great dividend, but its very expensive now.
Might pick that up on a crash or on big dips?
I would be tempted to sell it if commodities fly also, so wont get much from the dividend long term. 

This was a great video from yesterday about commodities and gold etc. Savvy bloke. 

I haven't bought zinwald yet but will do want 10s 

9 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

11.01 OR 9.76. It has that trajectory 

Did you buy into that tin mine - what price? 
Huge spread on that. 

Sorry me again. A video worth watching on the commodity super cycle. 
He does have a point about scrap metal spot prices, especially copper & Platinum.
Uranium has not budged also.

Maybe the next few months is a good time to buy if enough people get spooked out of selling thier positions?es 
What companies & commodities are we looking at most then? Im watching Dennison as the share price is quite cheap. 

Edited by Stacktastic

Afri tin is up a lot. Im currently +24%.
Zinnwald starting to make some moves too - not sure if its connected as they are the same. 

only put in £500 but its already returned £117. :)

Wish i had hit Zinnwald at £11 now. :(

afri.png

Edited by Stacktastic

• 3 weeks later...

Nice video. 

Looks like Uranium might present an excellent buying opportunity soon. 
The recent booms seem to be selling off, hopefully it will get forgotten and go further. 

What Uranium stocks are you looking at guys? 
On brief look Energy Fuels & Cameco look good. What do you think @Bumble @HerefordBullyun @KDave??
Energy fuels is bouncing off support as fast as my inexperienced eyes can see?

Might be a sit back and wait for a few years thing as its a long term play and I would say this would be the first thing that gets liquidated in an economic downturn?? 
Maybe buy now and add more in the dips perhaps??

Edited by Stacktastic

1279561184_strongerdollar.thumb.jpg.05c5daff07805b3cb4ec44980d71a107.jpg

@StacktasticStrong dollar not good for commodities, should be some cheaper deals on energy, metals (inc Uranium), etc throughout 2021 if history is about to rhyme? We will see. 

On Uranium I like Cameco, but as I have said Uranium is anathema to Oil and Gas - its a hedge for O&G investing in my view.

Low carbon will go one of two ways - renewables or nuclear. If it goes renewables, which is looking most likely by far in my view, it will benefit oil and gas majors who will see massive increase in demand for natural gas. If you think the world goes Renewables then invest in oil and gas majors. When the wind doesn't blow, the winter sun doesn't do enough, etc the back up natural gas power stations pick up the slack. The majors are getting into renewable power generation in a big way too. Likely gas in the future will also be a mix of hydrogen, maybe 20% hydrogen to 80% natural gas, which again is going to be produced by the oil and gas majors, BP is building the infra up at teeside, Shell and Total in Northern Europe. They are going all in on renewables because it benefits their core hydrocarbon business, some are going at it more than others, some more sensible about it than others, etc. As a result I think oil and gas will perform best but I intend to hold an amount of Uranium as a hedge in the event the thesis is wrong or somewhere like China or India decide to go full on nuclear.

If it goes majority nuclear globally, which is much more stable and consistent at power production then gas not required, demand will not increase and O&G will lose out. Nuclear replaces gas, coal, solar, wind. Much more efficient, very cheap, very stable power base. It is the better way forward until it goes wrong and kills everyone and poisons the earth and oceans for thousands of years. :D

I would prefer nuclear over renewables in an ideal world as it would cut down my energy bills, make business cheaper, good cheaper, but I don't think people will go for it because of the Chernobyl's and Fukushima's of recent history. They will go all in on electric cars, windmills, solar panels and gas power stations, watch their energy bills go sky rocketing and wonder why. 

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use