• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Homer Simpson 2oz High Relief Silver Coin

ChrisSilver

• Founder & Administrator

Perth Mint 2oz high relief Homer Simpson silver coin. December Release.

2000 in themes presentation, not sure if that means that the overall mintage is 2000 or higher.

Update: overall mintage is listed as 2000 in the Perth Mint presentation. Also is dated 2021. Release date 24th November 2020. 

87C774BB-CC4F-4CD0-BE06-C018112C4CBF.jpeg

source: Perth Mint

What do you think of this coin? 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• ChrisSilver changed the title to Homer Simpson 2oz High Relief Silver Coin
  • 2 weeks later...

I am surprised that nothing has been written about the coin yet.  
There is a real hype about the coin in Germany.  

It is already being offered for € 500 with an issue price of around € 140.  

Is it not yet available in the rest of Europe or is the hype only in Germany? 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 18:04, silvernewbie said:

Wow didnt realise it would have such a premium! 

I’ve bought 2 of this coins. One of them arrived 2 weeks ago and one I’m still waiting for which will come in January. These Sold out very very quickly.

I’m thinking about sending both to NGC for a slab. 

A40DA5BA-EBC8-4483-9150-CA22523C20DF.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People was paying up to almost 500€ for this. Price came down to 300 / 350€. I don't think, you will see this much cheaper. With the second release the price will rise again. It's really a nice one. Simple and well done by the Perth.

16 hours ago, dikefalos said:

People was paying up to almost 500€ for this. Price came down to 300 / 350€. I don't think, you will see this much cheaper. With the second release the price will rise again. It's really a nice one. Simple and well done by the Perth.

I would never pay that much for 2 oz of silver. 

Diese Münze kommt mir nicht ins Haus, erstens gefällt sie mir nicht und zweitens bezahle ich keine 350 €                                                                            für eine 2oz Silbermünze mit einer Auflage von 2000 Stück.
Diese Münze wurde hier in Deutschland gehypt und die Händler haben natürlich das ausgenutzt.
Lieber würde ich mir eine 5oz Zeus in Antique Finisch für 1000 € kaufen, da habe ich wenigstens eine Rarität in der Hand.                                                Aber was weiß ich schon, viele werden es wieder ganz anders sehen.

Grüße vom Maxe

I'm not sure I'd buy it at those prices either but items with Homer Simpson on them have a lot of crossover appeal and sell extremely well on ebay.

I put a cup on ebay with his image on it and managed to get £12 for it, which I thought was crazy money considering I got it as a present for secret santa!

Archived