• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

completed 2017 Pistrucci Piedfort 200th Anniversary Gold Proof Sovereign

cornishrich

1 hour ago, Tn21 said:

@Nick1368

Maybe

Thanks for the mention mate , bought it 🤩

you always look after me , you are indeed my absolutely favourite forum member between the members that I have never done any business with them 🤣 

what a legend @Tn21 love you 

@cornishrich are you sure you sent me the right coin ? Because I remember you said you have two of these .

the coin that you advertised doesn’t show any imperfections and you didn’t mention anything, this one however has two clear scratches on the reverse, one at 11 o’clock and one at 2 o’clock , the capsule is also damaged.

Also the COA number for the coin I bought ends in "4" , the one I received ends in "9" .

F5B668F4-821C-49D1-A25B-A4AA8B9285DC.thumb.jpeg.b601de1f78db5b780ce885a178d8dfc5.jpeg

CDA9766A-10C7-403B-AE53-10B107271EEB.jpeg

460572B6-87A8-46FC-BBB6-3609EF48E8EE.jpeg

@cornishrich you just sent me a PM saying that you did not see any of these scratches and the pictures were taken of the same coin , how can you say this when the COA number of the coin you advertised are different from the  coin I received , the coin I received has two clear scratches on it the coin on the picture has no scratches and the capsule is damaged too .

Surely this is just an unwind with cash and coin returned to respective parties? The coin doesn’t look the same and the COA number looks different.

This community is trust based and, prima facie, something has gone wrong here. Both are members in good standing so why not reverse the deal?

9 hours ago, Hunter87 said:

Any updates on this?

Unfortunately the seller is a little bit slow in comunication but he told me that he is doing 12 hours shifts these days  so I know he is busy .

Basically he sent me one message yesterday denying that he sent me a different coin .

He then sent me two message this morning at 10 am , the first one again denying he sent a different coin , the second one also denying that he sent me a different coin 🤣  well I am not gonna say anything else about that because it is clear to everyone what happened here .

But he did say in his second message that he is happy to take the coin back and give me a full refund plus the cost of return postage , which is all I want .

So yes he said he is going to give me a refund but I have not received payment yet nor have I received more messages from him since 10 am .

Anyways I am sure he is busy dealing with more important things and hopefully this will be sorted soon .

Thanks everyone for your support , I know it's a worrying situation for all members because you can all relate to it , hopefully no other member has to go through something like this on the silver forum again .

He sent me a message this morning saying a full refund is paid on delivery of the coin , is that how it works here ?  

I think first he should send me a full refund then I will post the coin back to him , just like when I bought he coin , I paid him the full amount then he sent me a different coin five days after he received payment 🤣

@ChrisSilver could you please step in ? I am tired of communicating with this member , it is a very slow and frustrating process .

I don't understand why he is being so slow in answering my messages and at the same time being difficult as well .

If we were to base it on a transaction with say Amazon, we would pay for the goods before we receive it and send the goods back before they issued a refund. Just my POV and might be different in situations like this where everything is based on trust

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

The correct and trusted way to sort this out is for the buyer to use Backyardbullion as a holder of the coin and to then send on to the seller once the refund has been sent to the buyer.. BackyardBullion offers this service to members here and this situation is custom made for just such a pickle, if he is happy to do it.

• trp locked this topic

Archived