• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts

RandyGold

Hi all, im new to the forum after having it recommended by a friend.

i have the 1st five queens beast in 1oz gold, but im struggling to find the cash to keep going, and feel investing in britannias more achievable in the short term.  as the premium For these coins is that they are part of a set, would i lose out not completing them.  from a value sense would it be better to try and realise the current premium on these and convert that into more Britannias.    

Cheers 

Welcome to the forum, I’m sure you will find lots of helpful members and good info on here. The first 4 beasts seem to be the most popular and have the highest premiums, if your not going to complete the set they will hold the premiums on there own, but IMO these premiums will reduce over time as more people complete the set and hence the market will reduce. You could just keep what you have and buy smaller fractional going forward. Good luck whatever you decide. 

1 hour ago, Witcher said:

Waiting is not the worst thing...  sure, maybe the interest will subside a little bit, yet it is still gold so if the spot price increases again, you are not losing.  
It's always a tough decision.  
For all practical purposes, the spot price for PMs should increase, yet if justice prevails and Trump does have sufficient evidence, that could have implications. 
Lets just say that I predict the US Dollar will maintain strength if Trump retains the office, even through all the horrible stimulus and devaluation process, but it won't so much if Biden isn't convicted and is allowed to steal his way in. 

I guess the best way to answer your question would be....  why do you have gold to begin with?   Just to flip for short term profit?  
If you were merely trying to maintain wealth (hedging against inflation), then you could sell if they are still bringing top premium and acquire standard gold coins to build your stack. 

I disagree.  I don't see Biden's victory influencing the gold price that much, at least compared to Trump's.  The Trump presidency was much more friendly to "riskier" assets such as gold than I forsee the new administration being, despite the likely liberalisation of trade policy under Biden.

If anything the availability of a covid-19 vaccine will be a more significant influence, against the backdrop of low interest rates and further rounds of money-printing of course. (Which I would have expected to happen regardless of who won the election.)

9 hours ago, RandyGold said:

Hi all, im new to the forum after having it recommended by a friend.

i have the 1st five queens beast in 1oz gold, but im struggling to find the cash to keep going, and feel investing in britannias more achievable in the short term.  as the premium For these coins is that they are part of a set, would i lose out not completing them.  from a value sense would it be better to try and realise the current premium on these and convert that into more Britannias.    

Cheers 

I'd say don't "chase" to complete any series - try and keep separate the 'marketing spin' and emotions from your stacking. When you'd sell few private buyers will have the interest or funds to buy an entire set, they'd rather buy whichever is their favourite design or one that is missing from their particular collection. If you'd sell to a dealer it's unlikely they'd pay much premium on them (these are just modern bullion coins). See example below of "ankauf" (buy-back price, in euros) from a largish German bullion retailer.

Buy low premium Brits or sovs instead. Utilise this forum's trade section and bullion deals sections, and the comparison price tool (premium membership feature) to find low premium gold. See e.g., ShadowStacker on YouTube, he has a good playlist of short videos for beginner stackers. Good luck. 👍

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 8.08.58 am.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, jultorsk said:
  • I'd say don't "chase" to complete any series
  • try and keep separate emotions from your stacking.
  • When you'd sell few private buyers will have the interest or funds to buy an entire set, they'd rather buy whichever is their favourite design or one that is missing from their particular collection.

VERY VERY wise words to learn by and act on over the course of your stacking life here ! 

Thanks all , appreciate the time you took to reply. 
to answer my motivation for stacking its simply put i feel cash (low interest environment) and stock ( which i have many many years of experience in) have become disjointed from reality due to the money printing scandal being carried out on us all. With regard to gold it's store of wealth for me, a hedge against inflation, i hold other gold but im lacking experience with regard to collectables, thus my dip into the beasts. Im leaning towards volume of gold.

P.s, so far ive only used bullionbypost, which ive been happy with but i see here the European dealers are popular too. Any recommendations ? 

again many thanks for your answers , appreciate it 

Archived