• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How do you price your obscure silver

Robda1986

20 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

Going to be selling a few 100oz of silver how do you price something that never comes up for sale ie tombstone kilo bar. Battered heavily scratched coins/rounds or is it best just to put them under an auction title? 

There is currently a £1 selling fee offer on eBay if you qualify for it. Put it on and I’m sure you will get a better price for it than on here.

24 minutes ago, Hunter87 said:

There is currently a £1 selling fee offer on eBay if you qualify for it. Put it on and I’m sure you will get a better price for it than on here.

I have a business account on ebay, However i dont sell pm's on there except some 925

lots of "item not received " fraud

Just a personal opinion, but i would feel safer selling on here 

This is the what I'm weighing up at the moment I've got 70+1oz bars. ebay they sell for a minimum of 29each here I'd be lucky to get 24per oz thinking list here first then ebay 2nd in a quantity that'll justify sd and record every parcel I pack label and send out 

15 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

This is the what I'm weighing up at the moment I've got 70+1oz bars. ebay they sell for a minimum of 29each here I'd be lucky to get 24per oz thinking list here first then ebay 2nd in a quantity that'll justify sd and record every parcel I pack label and send out 

In my opinion, special delivery on its own will not fully protect you.

and sending a larger amount at once both increases the risk and is more tempting to scammers

claiming an item is faulty or not as described triggers an automatic Ebay response

they will issue a postage label to the buyer to post back to you (that they bill you for)

you could receive an empty package in return, but as it is tracked and delivered, you must refund.

you will have paid the scammers to steal your silver (and paid the postage too!)

If you must sell on ebay, sell one piece at a time, lose one coin and you lose all your profits from all your sales,

but lose All your coins in one go, and lose your shirt.

I sell 100+ items a week on Ebay, it's been very good for me

but i am very wary with expensive items

I lose out to 3 or 4 dodgy Ebayers a month, But catch out another 6-7 trying it on ( debit/credit card claw backs, delivery to different address etc)

there is some good information in other threads on the forum regarding Ebay problems to watch out for and ways to protect yourself

I wish you the best whichever route you choose

eBay and Paypal protect the buyer. They talk about seller protection but it's pretty much non-existent.

As Greendragon said, buyer just needs to return a box with a brick in it and he's off the hook.

If in doubt ebay and paypal (and credit card companies, chargebacks etc) always side with the buyer.

Archived