• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 2016 full proof sovereign PF70

Fozi

1 minute ago, 1817Karl said:

Hi. I have a few in 70 grade. PM me for details. Karl 

thank you, I have seen the one you have at £1045. I am able to buy an ungraded and boxed one for £795 and put in for grading myself so looking for a competitive price for a graded to save me the wait and hassle. 

4 minutes ago, Fozi said:

thank you, I have seen the one you have at £1045. I am able to buy an ungraded and boxed one for £795 and put in for grading myself so looking for a competitive price for a graded to save me the wait and hassle. 

Whats a competitive priced one?

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

On 13/11/2020 at 14:22, Fozi said:

Thing is, I'd say a minority of ungraded ones achieve 70 when graded nowadays, it's no guarantee you'll get a top grade... I submitted a perfectly looking one last year but it got a 69. Hence one can understand the premium that a graded 70 one carries, especially on rare coins like the 2016 proof sovereign. 

1 hour ago, goldmember44 said:

Thing is, I'd say a minority of ungraded ones achieve 70 when graded nowadays, it's no guarantee you'll get a top grade... I submitted a perfectly looking one last year but it got a 69. Hence one can understand the premium that a graded 70 one carries, especially on rare coins like the 2016 proof sovereign. 

I am not saying a graded one at PF70 is worth the same as boxed and ungraded...? Not sure why you think that. I fully understand the premium that is added once a coin is graded at 70. I have purchased both slabbed and unslabbed coins in the past. I just don't like paying over the top 

1 hour ago, goldmember44 said:

Plus I think 7,495 were minted, 9,675 including the ones in sets. So not "rare". 

8 minutes ago, Fozi said:

I am not saying a graded one at PF70 is worth the same as boxed and ungraded...? Not sure why you think that. I fully understand the premium that is added once a coin is graded at 70. I have purchased both slabbed and unslabbed coins in the past. I just don't like paying over the top 

That's fully understandable, apologies if my post came across as suggesting otherwise. 

7 minutes ago, Fozi said:

Plus I think 7,495 were minted, 9,675 including the ones in sets. So not "rare". 

Sure maybe not by British standards, however the 2016 proof is one of the most popular years nowadays and in great demand with collectors. I've seen their prices increase over the last few years more than the average. 

👆 Very decent price there @Marc

A 2016 PCGS PR69 went for £725 today at TCC and there haven't been a 70 in the past two months.

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 5.46.18 pm.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Ive just checked my stock and I have 6 x 2016 PF70 UCAM  (been stacking them) if anyone wants one I'll sell at £945 plus postage, no offers though...

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

A bit of patience and I am quite confident I will find one for between £825-850. There are 540 NGC graded coins at PF70 out there. As a comparison only 93 1989 PF70s. Thank you for the offers/messages everyone. @1817Karl @jultorsk @goldmember44 @Marc @sovtsf

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 13.57.45.png

NGC, lol.

I've not idea what's going on over there, but would only 22 PF70s at PCGS I would question their reports. Even if they do have 100s, I wonder how few would cross to a 70 at PCGS, probably a very small %.

It seems NGC grade modern stuff very loosely, hence why they sell for less money.

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

10 hours ago, TheGoldSovereign said:

NGC, lol.

I've not idea what's going on over there, but would only 22 PF70s at PCGS I would question their reports. Even if they do have 100s, I wonder how few would cross to a 70 at PCGS, probably a very small %.

It seems NGC grade modern stuff very loosely, hence why they sell for less money.

If you think that’s a lot check out how many first strike 2012 quarter sovereigns Graded at PCGS, there’s over 1500 graded 70!

I think dealers buy them up in bulk from and have them graded, which has happened in recent years and just depends what grading company they use. 

• 1 month later...

I am just asking again because if you don't ask, you don't get!

I have seen that a couple of 2016 NGC PF70 full sovereigns have sold recently. One on Coin Cab auction no.30 for £825. Then another on ebay sold on 3rd Jan for £810. Kicking myself that I missed them!

Wondering if anyone has one they are looking to part with for close to that price bracket? Many thanks in advance. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived