• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Fafnir silver delay?

Dea104

Hey folks,

I'm new to the forum, but I had a question for you that someone may be able to answer.

In early September, I pre-ordered the Germania Mint Fafnir 1oz round from Apmex. Every 2 weeks, they are sending me an email which states that the ship date is being delayed another two weeks due to "an issue with customs" (I live in the USA).

My inquiries to them keep getting returned with the generic response of "sorry for the delay...customs issue, we don't have them...thank you for being an Apmex customer...etc"

Does anyone know what happened to their shipment? As a major US distributor, I can't imagine it was a simple customs delay that has pushed this off for nearly 2 months. I was in early on the pre-order, so it couldn't be because they oversold them.

With the coins being readily available through most outlets, I just can't figure it out.

Has anyone else received an Apmex order for Fafnir rounds yet?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the latest email that the coins will be delayed until December 31, 2020. So...I think I'm screwed. That's disappointing. APMEX used to have this policy of "we're not going to pre-sale stuff until we're sure we are getting it."

I wonder what happened?

I had just ordered one at the beginning of their pre-sale (it was about $40). Then a week later, another retailer that I use sent me a notice about the double capsule thing Germania was doing.

So, I ordered a capsule and one round from the second retailer. I got those items at the beginning of October.

Now I have a double capsule and one round haha. So, the fact that Apmex can't fulfill the order is extra annoying.

I just went ahead a bought another on Ebay yesterday. It was $60.00, but at least I can complete the set. If Apmex ever releases the order I can just gift it or resell it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived