• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How will US Election affect value of gold?

IanS

Trump wins outright then stocks go up and gold goes down?

Trump losses but keeps control of the senate and stocks might suffer and gold goes up?

Other guy wins outright and Trump throws his toys out of his pram and refuses to give us the ball back and it ends up in the high courts. Will that cause stocks to drop and gold to go up? Or will all investors dump everything, including gold, and take the cash to stuff under their matresses.

Does anyone know what'll happen? Should I buy more before they kick off?

4 minutes ago, IanS said:

Trump losses but keeps control of the senate and stocks might suffer and gold goes up?

Other guy wins outright and Trump throws his toys out of his pram and refuses to give us the ball back and it ends up in the high courts. Will that cause stocks to drop and gold to go up? Or will all investors dump everything, including gold, and take the cash to stuff under their matresses.

Good question. I think no matter whoever wins, the world debt problem will get bigger. So for me, PMs are real money and insurance. So I’ll keep buying anyway.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Good question. I think no matter whoever wins, the world debt problem will get bigger. So for me, PMs are real money and insurance. So I’ll keep buying anyway.

If society as we know it collapses then PMs will just be paper weights. I wouldn't swap a loaf of bread for a shiny paperweight.

So we should all invest in chickens... and turnips. at least we'll be able to barter.

I've got lots of turnips this year. Bumper crop  - I implore you all. Think of your families. Send me your gold and I'll send you a turnip.

7 minutes ago, IanS said:

If society as we know it collapses then PMs will just be paper weights. I wouldn't swap a loaf of bread for a shiny paperweight.

So we should all invest in chickens... and turnips. at least we'll be able to barter.

I've got lots of turnips this year. Bumper crop  - I implore you all. Think of your families. Send me your gold and I'll send you a turnip.

Baldrick is that you?

36288624abe84e0f62c642b13a586f39.jpg

The market makers and speculators will use their algorithms and the price of gold will continue a bumpy ride.
People will analyse the daily ups and downs to death writing 'now is the time to buy' or 'now is the time to take profit' AND 50% of the time will be right and 50% of the time will be wrong.
Dr Hindsight will of course keep everything in perspective and find some global events to explain the fluctuations.
In other words it is all BULLSH!T as no-one knows the future price because if they did, the institutions would be buying ( or selling ) billions of dollars worth.
In reality it is as much of a gamble as betting your house after overhearing a certainty on a horse in a betting shop.

COVID and its uncertainty affecting big economies is more likely to test the values of PMs than the USA election result.

Normal circumstance, either wins and market goes up, they dislike ambiguity and like certainty.  If the result is close, contested votes etc, it will hurt markets for same reason.  Gold could benefit from this, hedge against uncertainty. But we have the virus too, thats putting pressure on all assets and favouring cash, do nothing outlook. 

According to the TA guys It doesn't matter who wins;

https://www.gold-eagle.com/article/gold-price-forecast-next-surge-follow-us-election

I read something similar about stocks from an author on seeking alpha, can't find it now but in summary, another crash in stocks, followed by melt up next year with new ATH targets in S&P. Doesn't matter who wins was the key take away there too. 

3 hours ago, Coolsmp said:

Lets consult the crystal ball. One guy will win the other won't. One asset class will go up or down so will the other.

images (1).jpeg

We the People lose no matter who "they" select for office. Nothing really truly changes for the better.

Keep stacking.

7 hours ago, IanS said:

Assuming the system works how we're officially told it does (it doesn't) then if Trump loses, he doesn't keep control of anything. He goes back to private life, writes autobiographies ,and gives speeches for ridiculous amounts of money.

The Senate is independent of any president who isn't in office. Same for the House. Besides, there are too many Republicans who openly dislike Trump (part of the theatrical drama?). He never had control of them.

8 hours ago, RacerCool said:

The Senate is independent of any president who isn't in office. Same for the House. Besides, there are too many Republicans who 

Sorry. I didnt mean to say that trump keeps control of the senate. I meant to say 'if trump losses the presidency while republicans have the senate"

Or something like that.. er.. I think.

20 hours ago, IanS said:

Whomever win's the other side will be spitting the dummy out. We aren't going to know who's won for week's.

More uncertainty and market volatility until a decisive decision is  declared.

Postal voter fraud has already been a major problem.

A gold dip possibly followed by a slow and steady increase to a new all time highs?

11 hours ago, IanS said:

Sorry. I didnt mean to say that trump keeps control of the senate. I meant to say 'if trump losses the presidency while republicans have the senate"

Or something like that.. er.. I think.

Ah, ok that makes sense. 👍

Isn't Gold's price more sensative to the value of the USD in the longer run than to short-term political stuff?  I mean the USD is apparently doing very well because Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft, Telsa, etc have wiped out all foreign competition (retail, advertising / marketing, tech, etc) and they don't pay hardly any tax outside the USA - this alone has boosted the USD despite the negative effects elsewhere in their economy no?  I see that Apple alone has a market value greater than the entire UK top 100 companies (FTSE 100).  Apparently the USD - Gold connection is because globally the wealthy and businesses bank their main stashes in USD and not in their native currencies so a strong dollar means less worry about their money, even if their local economy is being destroyed by the USD and NASDAQ companies..?  I think Gold will only really rise when the USD gets some heat... and it can't get any heat from anywhere other than China really, because only China has banned US companies mostly from doing business in their country, the others all eat McDonalds everyday, wash it down with a Starbucks or Coke and then watch Netflix and order on Amazon and send all their money to the US...?

13 hours ago, dangelo said:

Isn't Gold's price more sensative to the value of the USD in the longer run than to short-term political stuff?

I think you're right. Techs such as Apple, Microsoft, Amazon are doing really well at the moment in spite of Covid.

You're also right about tax. None of those big companies pays much tax. It's just too easy to run a small subsidiary in the Republic of Ireland where business taxes are low.

But this Covid m'larky is costing the government a LOT of money. I just can't comprehend the amounts of zeros on the big numbers £'s (and $'s) that governments are splashing out in grants to keep companies afloat and people furloughed.

Stands to reason that somebody will eventually have to pay more tax.

I kinda suspect that governments will raise corporation tax AND take another long hard look at the tenuous methods that many businesses use to squirrel their profits out of the country to their made-up subsidiaries in low tax countries.

Amazon may be raking it in now but I think those profits are just too big for the government to ignore. They'll want their cut bigtime

6 hours ago, IanS said:

Amazon may be raking it in now but I think those profits are just too big for the government to ignore. They'll want their cut bigtime

They may already be paying the gov't. Maybe not in taxes or official means but that could illustrate what the real problem is that prevent real and meaningful government. 

Special interests, lobbyists, graft, and other forms of corruption are an enormous problem, in my opinion. 

Archived