• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014.Β Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topicΒ posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :)Β happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads.Β 

πŸŽ… 2020 Christmas Prize Draws πŸŽ… Entry open worldwide

Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please check the conditions of entry, to make sure your entry is valid. :)Β 

All valid entries will be added to a list of valid entries and published sometime on the 26th November 2020 or shortly afterwards. The draws will then take place sometime in December.Β 

EDIT: List of entrants has been published. Draws to be held in December, details on those to come.Β 

• Founder & Administrator
1 hour ago, OrangeSilver said:

I am gonna withdraw. I see a lot of cash prices and really dont have any need for that. The fun is getting something thats a surprise and that is a real present. For me there is no fun in gettingΒ  30 to spent on Ebay.

Please report your entry postΒ if you would actually like to withdraw from the Prize Draw,Β and the moderation team can hide thatΒ post. Otherwise it may accidentallyΒ be included when the list is created sometime after this topic closes. The amount of cash prizes compared to items in the draw is low, so there is more chance of getting an item.

Having a different range of prizes is part of the fun, to see what you win :)Β 

It is supposed to be something fun for members to partake in, should they wish.Β 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

PleaseΒ Follow / LikeΒ / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channelΒ -Β TSF Facebook page -Β TSF Twitter pageΒ -Β TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

9 minutes ago, Jimmock said:

I still dont understand why people put up cash,unless it's going to incur vat or heavy postage charges to send. Why dont they use the cash before the draw to buy something to enter into the draw. That seems simple enough. Personally I would rather receive any 1oz coin rather than Β£30 into my bank. Sorry for ranting. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

From my personal point of view that's why I put in Β£40 so it was more than an ounce of silver and at the time of posting my prize I didn't have any silver πŸ˜† I messaged Chris to see if I could put in a crossbow as my prize but its against forum rules as its classed as a weapon. which in hindsight is a fair point lol. But I have been buying quite a bit from the forum lately and my prize will be changed accordingly just purchased some lovely silver 2 oz lions from @arshimo12 one of which which will be going in the prize pot. I agree cash is a, bit naff but for some it's an entry in to a draw which might get them something shiny. I'm quite excited to see what we all get 😎

On 01/11/2020 at 13:31, ChrisSilver said:

The following is a list of members who took part in the 2018 Christmas Draw (as I didn't have a list for the 2019, as looks like was written on paper by the organiser last year), you can also see some of the prizes that were donated for an idea of what you could donate for this years 2020 Christmas Prize Draw. Please see the initial post in this topic for conditions of entry :)Β 

2018 Prize Drawn entrants and prizes:

Β 

OZΒ FORUM ROUND ,Β @augurΒ Β 

1 OZ GILT MAPLE (Γ—2),Β @augurΒ Β 

1 OZ GHANA 100 CEDIS,Β @augurΒ Β 

SMALL COLLECTORS PACK,Β @FFkookΒ 

2016 GOLD SOV,Β @CadmiumGreen

LANDMARKS OF BRITONΒ 3 COINSΒ ,Β @terakris

MIXED LOT, SEE PAGE 10Β ,Β @AgD

Β 1895 Victoriaο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»ΏΒ croο»Ώwο»Ώο»Ώn ,Β @MOA108

1g GOLD BAR ,Β @mr-dead

Β£50 NOTE & LOTTO TICKETΒ ,Β @Tn21

100g Bar ,Β @zeusss4

100g Metalor bar with cert ,Β @jonrms

2 x 1 oz gilded & coloured ,Β @TheBeast

Very nice slab box,Β @fehk2001

2 x canadian predatorsΒ @ZatStackz

Β£50 cash or paypal ,Β @dicker

Old Trafford Package ,Β @StackingItAll

10oz Beast Box,Β @Marko

3oz pick of BYB'S Goodies ,Β @BackyardBullion

2 oz mix ,Β @ilovesilverireallydo

2oz coin ,Β @rob6

2 x 1oz coins ,Β @Bullionaire

Perth proof coin ,Β @silversurf

2 x 2016 Β brits ,Β @AuricGoldfinger

2 x 1oz coins ,Β @zittergie

Β£50 Britannia ,Β @sgcoins

MS70 Perth swan ,Β @MickD

A " Β very mixed " lot ,Β @GrahamDiamond

Mixed lot ,Β @h103efa

2 x 1oz rounds ,Β @Skelator88

1 x 1/10th gold eagle ,Β @Lr103

1 x 1oz polish round ,Β @kiskelo

1 x 100g BYB bar ,Β @Xander

1/4 gold Queens Beast WalnutΒ box ,Β @Alun

2oz Β Falcon OR bull ,Β @Mike

2011 Brit in mint packaging , Β @Keenstacker

3 x Nanjing notes,Β @Scuzzle

Β£50 Nike voucher ,Β @Nick1368

2 x silver proof Β£1 coins ,Β @Jimmock

1g gold maple ,Β @GeorgeWoodall

Full collectors 10p setΒ @daz

4 x Β£5 coins + nice coin boxΒ @Goldmick

1 oz gallus & 1/2 lunar Β @Bullionbilly

2 x 1oz coins ,Β @Cornishfarmer

1oz spider man coin ,Β @Trumar

1.5oz maple ,Β @JSILVER

2 x 1oz coins + Β£8's worth of scratchΒ cards, Β @Ryan

3 x 1oz coins ,Β @Piggybank

1oz High relief coinΒ ,Β @ChrisSIlver

1oz reverse proof Noble ,Β @airmac

5oz bar ,Β @mr1030

100g BYB Bar,Β Β @gsimpson

2 x 1oz maples ,Β @evende

5 coin mixed lot ,Β @Pampfan

1oz kook ,Β @creative

1oz Brit ,Β @Stats

1oz coin + secret bonus ! ,Β @seXes

Β£25 paypal , Β @Abyss

3 x 1oz pick of coins or bars ,Β @SilverStan

2.5 oz mix ,Β @Stuart7

2oz QB & Β£10 Cash ,Β @Quicksilver

3 x Vintage coins ,Β @PansPurse

2017 Rooster ,Β @caloundracats

Armenian Ark 2015 ,Β @AlphaBeast

2017 Rooster ,Β @blackadder

Pre 1965 lot ,Β @JBstacker3181

3 coin mixed lot ,Β @dutchman

Β£40 Amazon voucher ,Β @mustynewb

Perth croc 1oz ,Β @Spanishsilver

2 x 10th libertads ,Β @GARYTHEMAN

1 x 1oz koala with privvy ,Β @Deputydog

Mixed lot ,Β @MintageSeller

2 coin lot ,Β @jultorsk

Β£20 longest reigning monarch coin ,Β @MickD

2oz Queens beast,Β @smiddy28

Mixed lot ,Β @Madstacks

1oz oreo brit + Β£1 note,Β @Csaba

1 oz copper round & 1oz silverΒ @Foolssilver

1oz silver coin,Β @Lunar17

2oz Beast,Β @PhelpsSilver

1.5 oz silver ,Β @Stacknsave

2oz lion ,Β @Tomcbol

2 x 1oz coins ,Β @Oldun

2 x 1oz pieces ,Β @tmars104

Mixed coin lot ,Β @Schnitzel

TBC.Β @Silvergulag

Β£25 paypal ,Β @Modem21

3.5 oz lot. ,Β @SilverSnake

3 coin lot ,Β @NumisNewbie

2oz siren ,Β @VonHaida

1 oz 2021 brit

Just now, Jimmock said:

Didnt realise they did a 20oz version. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

🀣🀣 Oh dear! seems I have another post to report πŸ€£πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈΒ 

11 minutes ago, Fifer said:

1x 20oz queen's beast lion 2016 from me i have reported my earlier post re: £40 BT satck was next to nothing at the time 27 oz and counting now 😎

For clarity I meant to type "2 oz queens beast lion" not "20 oz queens beast lion" 🀣 if only 😎

Edited by Fifer

No need to complain about cash although silver is more fun πŸ˜„ what I just really don't like is theΒ  Google mini like I don't want any Alexa or Google nest is someone trading me that for silver? At least cash I can trade for silver, that I have to sell first, extra work πŸ˜‚ but I guess it's part of the funΒ 

3 hours ago, OrangeSilver said:

I am gonna withdraw. I see a lot of cash prices and really dont have any need for that. The fun is getting something thats a surprise and that is a real present. For me there is no fun in gettingΒ  30 to spent on Ebay.

I've been feeling the same way. Its very lazy to just go "I'll transfer 25 quid"Β 

14 minutes ago, Alanlaw said:

I've been feeling the same way. Its very lazy to just go "I'll transfer 25 quid"Β 

We all have differing ranges ofΒ experience, and availableΒ metal and cash to part with. There may be sound reasons why cash has been offered as an alternative. It’s within the advertised terms, so shouldn’t be a big deal.Β 
Β 

My personal view is, like @AndrewSL76above, it allows the winner to choose their own prize, or put it towards something bigger if they prefer. That’s not for everyone, clearly, but it is part of the game, and has been for previous draws so nothing new.Β 
Β 

23 hours ago, Jimmock said:

I still dont understand why people put up cash,unless it's going to incur vat or heavy postage charges to send. Why dont they use the cash before the draw to buy something to enter into the draw. That seems simple enough. Personally I would rather receive any 1oz coin rather than Β£30 into my bank. Sorry for ranting. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I enjoyed previous years even though my shipping cost alone were more then 1oz silver to get i believe 3 oz equivalent coins across the pond but it was fun, I gave up going to a metal detecting club even though I was winning silver coins almost every time in raffles just because that wasn't the reason I joined for...I like getting a coin or coins from abroad..perhaps during the year we can have a swap deal with other members in good standing to get 1 oz, 2oz, junk silver etc....its like pen pals without all that talking or cigarette afterwards...lol.

5 minutes ago, mr1030 said:

I'm in.Β  How about a set of 20th century 90% U.S. coinage.Β  Dimes to dollars, Barber design onward.Β  I'll make it at least 4 oz ASW.

Sounds good to me...lol..I sent last year i 6hink 4 different dimes from Rosie to merc and barber and standing i think..its nice and was with I think two morgans so it wasn't just fraction of an ounce.

7 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

I enjoyed previous years even though my shipping cost alone were more then 1oz silver to get i believe 3 oz equivalent coins across the pond but it was fun, I gave up going to a metal detecting club even though I was winning silver coins almost every time in raffles just because that wasn't the reason I joined for...I like getting a coin or coins from abroad..perhaps during the year we can have a swap deal with other members in good standing to get 1 oz, 2oz, junk silver etc....its like pen pals without all that talking or cigarette afterwards...lol.

Honestly sometimes it is just hard to grab a coin or something in that nature. I reckon some people don't want to give a piece of something they own like their own 1 oz like some of us do. In addition some people are not fans of paying 20% VAT on silver from certain sites. It is preference I guess, I aim to buy from tsf always.Β 

8 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Sounds good to me...lol..I sent last year i 6hink 4 different dimes from Rosie to merc and barber and standing i think..its nice and was with I think two morgans so it wasn't just fraction of an ounce.

Thanks Aa.Β  Yeah I think one of each design/denomination from Barber onwards plus dollars comes out to ~3.75 oz.Β  I'll add some extras to get over 4 oz.Β  Probably visit my LCS tomorrow to cherry pick some nice attractiveΒ  examples.

2 minutes ago, MintageSeller said:

Honestly sometimes it is just hard to grab a coin or something in that nature. I reckon some people don't want to give a piece of something they own like their own 1 oz like some of us do. In addition some people are not fans of paying 20% VAT on silver from certain sites. It is preference I guess, I aim to buy from tsf always.Β 

I understand your point, from this side of the pond the silvers cheaper but the shipping to anywhere can be silly...I love my collected silver, im a metal detectors, I treasure things most people call junk but that's where options to join are good, if the option were silver or nothing yes less people would choose to join but what would be the point if its just going to be everyone transferring cash, the only people making out them would be the converting companies..we buy from Australia, America, Britain, Europe, etc etc and we accept the extra costs to get what we want but also we tend to have multiples versions of coins, often our countries 1 oz coins or junk silver or historical silver and sending and receiving is the gift side of it and generates camaraderie in this forum....sometimes a few extra dollars or pounds or euro is what making this place not just a coin dealing site but a forum of like minded individuals who love silver and history and gold and history and did I mention history?

2 minutes ago, mr1030 said:

Thanks Aa.Β  Yeah I think one of each design/denomination from Barber onwards plus dollars comes out to ~3.75 oz.Β  I'll add some extras to get over 4 oz.Β  Probably visit my LCS tomorrow to cherry pick some nice attractiveΒ  examples.

Any excuse to visit the coin shop..lol.

8 hours ago, MintageSeller said:

Wheres the list log?Β 

Β 

It will be compiled sometime after the thread closes tomorrow. Then will be the list of what everyone is putting in.