• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1oz silver britannias

Stackingsean

Not so much a question as a discussion.  I have been buying 1oz silver britannias to stack. I have been paying around £28-30 per coin.  As finances are a little tight I have only been buying 2 at a time. Sometimes 5 here and there.  I've been buying through recognised companies.  Not sure if we can mention names on here.  Please let me know if ok to do so.  Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on prices for the brits.  

You’re paying quite a bit for Britannias there when you could be picking them up for cheaper either on the forum here or via the group order with Backyard Bullion.

its very achievable to be picking up brits for £23.50-25.00 on here most days of the week. There are some on the trade section now for 24.25 each in capsules + post.

have a look at a silver membership here which I suspect will pay for itself given what you’re currently paying for brits.

also consider saving to buy a few more per purchase to cut down on postage costs rather than 2 per time?

I'm new here - in fact I'm new to all this collecting/investing or 'stacking' (is that what you guys call it?) So take what I say with a pinch of salt.

When you buy silver from a company such as Royal Mint they add 20% VAT don't they? So, as well as their premium, your coin value has to go up another 20% just to break even.

Good that you're buying coin though. There's no Captial Gains Tax to pay on legal tender coins when you come to sell and cash in your profits.

But then - Gold doesn't have any VAT at all. So, gold legal tender brits = no VAT when buying and no CGT when selling.

But then - I'm new to all this so I'm probably wrong.

Archived