• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Remove from "original/mint packaging" or not?

stackerp5

I got a 1/2oz gold britannia and it came with a capsule and inside the RM plastic.

Is there any use or benefit in keeping the coin in its mint packaging? What are your personal opinions? What would you do? 

CHEERS!

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

• stackerp5 changed the title to Remove from "original/mint packaging" or not?
8 hours ago, Hunter87 said:

Personally I’d open it a put it in a capsule.

8 hours ago, GoodAsGold said:

I agree with @Hunter87. A capsule would show it off much better. That just looks like a kid’s lollipop wrapper.

Haha! Now I see that, gotta do it xD - thanks! :) 

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

It’s mainly proofs and similar coins that you want to leave unopened in the capsules they came in as it maintains their condition. For other coins that are brand new worth wearing cotton gloves when transferring to capsules if you want to maintain their condition.

8 minutes ago, Chorlton said:

It’s mainly proofs and similar coins that you want to leave unopened in the capsules they came in as it maintains their condition. For other coins that are brand new worth wearing cotton gloves when transferring to capsules if you want to maintain their condition.

Thank you for your input and help! Makes a lot of sense! :) 

I was wondering the same thing and just opened mine today but will keep the original packets just in case the coins ever go for sale, they are easy to slip back in there and new buyers might appreciate it.  Adds authenticity assurance i guess.. same reason I keep receipts for provenance. :)

2 minutes ago, dangelo said:

I was wondering the same thing and just opened mine today but will keep the original packets just in case the coins ever go for sale, they are easy to slip back in there and new buyers might appreciate it.  Adds authenticity assurance i guess.. same reason I keep receipts for provenance. :)

Didn't know I could put them back in! Waiting for my cotton gloves to arrive to get it out and will probably keep the packet. Thanks for your input! :) 

Open the packaging?

Yesterday I ordered my first gold coin. From  Royal mint. 1 oz 2020 year of the rat. When that arrives I'm going to open it, touch it, maybe even lick it and generally fondle the hell out of it.

Next month I'll order another - just finished paying off the mortgage a few months ago and can't spend it during LockDown so the spare cash will go into gold coins now.

That first 'Rat' is to be kept and fondled - I hear that a 999.9 gold coin has a weight and feel that just can't be experienced through packaging or gloves.

Any more I get will stay in original package. Might even start leaving them in the Royal Mint storage. Don't need to show them off. Anyone visiting will be more than welcome to 'feel my rat'.

If ever I offer a 1 oz 2020 year of the rat for sale you'd better weigh it coz I've likely worn the hell out of it 🤣

1 hour ago, IanS said:

Open the packaging?

Yesterday I ordered my first gold coin. From  Royal mint. 1 oz 2020 year of the rat. When that arrives I'm going to open it, touch it, maybe even lick it and generally fondle the hell out of it.

Next month I'll order another - just finished paying off the mortgage a few months ago and can't spend it during LockDown so the spare cash will go into gold coins now.

That first 'Rat' is to be kept and fondled - I hear that a 999.9 gold coin has a weight and feel that just can't be experienced through packaging or gloves.

Any more I get will stay in original package. Might even start leaving them in the Royal Mint storage. Don't need to show them off. Anyone visiting will be more than welcome to 'feel my rat'.

If ever I offer a 1 oz 2020 year of the rat for sale you'd better weigh it coz I've likely worn the hell out of it 🤣

Ewww dirty Rat... haha.  

3 hours ago, IanS said:

Open the packaging?

You also make some good fair points lol -- why have a coin if I dont want to touch it! DUH

Have your mates over to feel your rat :lol: lol great comment and congratulations on paying off your mortgage! stack stack stack!

Archived