• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Next Music Legend is David Bowie

h103efa

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, StackemHigh said:

Shame the designs are a bit all over the place! The queen coin and the Elton John had a similar iconic feel with instruments and iconic hat specs. The Bowie image doesn't do that for me, the lightening bolt is.more AC/ DC or Kiss not so much Bowie. 

it may look better in gold to what we have see so far - everything looks better gold after all !

18 minutes ago, Paul said:

it may look better in gold to what we have see so far - everything looks better gold after all !

Cover up the name Bowie and ask people who the person is. I did on my WhatsApp group and none guessed it right. I’m staying away feom this one. Doesn’t mean to say it won’t make someone some money but just in case and with a decreasing gold price 😬 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

A lot of people on here are saying they don't like the design. It is VERY different from the Queen and Elton John coins for sure. But, what kind of art would you prefer to see for this coin? A specific David Bowie album cover maybe?

150 by 50 logo.jpgBullion Exchanges is a precious metals dealer located in the heart of NYC's Diamond District. We buy and sell gold, silver, platinum, palladium, rhodium, and more. Browse our inventory and you will find that we carry from top mints and private refineries from all over the world. Shop online or stop by our storefront!

https://bullionexchanges.com/ --- 30 West 47th Street, Store 1, New York, NY, 10036

1 hour ago, BullionExchanges said:

A lot of people on here are saying they don't like the design. It is VERY different from the Queen and Elton John coins for sure. But, what kind of art would you prefer to see for this coin? A specific David Bowie album cover maybe?

Couldn’t be simpler...

AA338011-A79A-4CF2-A4CA-C1E6F4A7275F.jpeg

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Aladdin Sane seemed to be the go to image people went for when he died, the Royal Mint put the lightening flash on the background of the coin but didn't go all the way.

Personally I like his Rebel Rebel image, cigarette out of the corner of his mouth and sunglasses.

4 hours ago, Paul said:

Anyone going to try for the 2oz gold next week ???

Might try my luck, 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

7 hours ago, RacerCool said:

RIP, David.

On the other hand, I'd buy a nice 1/4 ounce van Halen coin if they made one. 

Sadly probably not, it appears the Royal Mint is only doing British icons as of right now. I'd expect Beatles and Led Zeppelin to come out eventually.

150 by 50 logo.jpgBullion Exchanges is a precious metals dealer located in the heart of NYC's Diamond District. We buy and sell gold, silver, platinum, palladium, rhodium, and more. Browse our inventory and you will find that we carry from top mints and private refineries from all over the world. Shop online or stop by our storefront!

https://bullionexchanges.com/ --- 30 West 47th Street, Store 1, New York, NY, 10036

Sadly probably not, it appears the Royal Mint is only doing British icons as of right now. I'd expect Beatles and Led Zeppelin to come out eventually.

I'd definitely buy a Beatles coin if it was half decent, the market for their memorabilia is on a different planet to most bands.

However I hear the Beatles actively block lots of commercial usage of their brand, it took years for their songs to be released on iTunes.

I think you're more likely to get a Rod Stewart coin than a Beatles one 😀

6 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Lots of make music legends! 

Are there any British females?

Kate Bush , Annie Lennox , Sinead o Connor ...legends to some at least. 

27 minutes ago, Derv said:

Kate Bush , Annie Lennox , Sinead o Connor ...legends to some at least. 

I think Sinead might be Irish.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

It looks more like David Van Day from Dollar to me. As significant as their track Oh L'Amour may be, not only in the annals of pop but in the history of music full-stop, as a Bowie coin it's a bit of a turkey imvho (specifically the part through which you give it a jolly good stuffing).

25 minutes ago, Stu said:

I think Sinead might be Irish.

Last I heard she currently identifies as a teapot from the third of Jupiter's cheesecake moons, but it's hard to keep up...

I immediately thought of Kate Bush but then thought maybe she wasn't well known enough, then I thought of Amy Winehouse as a possibility.

If they pick the Spice Girls then I may never buy another coin from the Royal Mint again 😀

This coin series may never end, there are so many options!

On 01/12/2020 at 23:17, MJHughesCoins said:

I wasn’t a big fan of the design at first, but it is growing on me.

I see The Britannia Coin Company are taking pre-orders on the silver proof 1oz and gold proof 1/4oz.

Good spot. The images on page 1 of this topic show 2 versions, a coloured flash version and one without colour which is displayed in the presentation block usually reserved for silver proofs. Is the coloured flash version going to be a BU coin  I wonder, or will there be a choice between 2 silver proof versions? I guess any BU version would also be released in limited edition sleeves (like the Queen and Elton coins).

Archived