• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best eBay purchase you have made?

Hunter87

I’m interested to know if any of you have had any good luck buying on eBay such as winning items that were under valued or that didn’t have much interest in them.

I will go first I’ve just won a 2017 Pistrucci half sovereign with box and COA for £338 posted! I think this one slipped past the radar as it didn’t have many bidders on it. I asked the seller about the marks and they are on the capsule only so fingers crossed 🤞 

It was advertised as

“2017 Pistrucci Royal Mint Proof Gold Half Sovereign coin 200th Anniversary edition .3.99grams of 22ct gold. All in excellent condition. An absolutely beautiful coin.” 

2105965B-E903-4C45-86D8-2B55EDE4201B.png

7157DEC9-84DC-4AE0-840B-BD7B51C27A56.png

97F63D91-0687-45DF-B830-8063BEAADEB8.png

393E72E1-80AD-4FC9-82E3-A20B1E51131B.png

Strangely the exact same coin which arrived in perfect condition much earlier this year. Due to this gamble working I bought the full sovereign as well from the same seller which also arrived in perfect condition. The seller had bought quite a few when released and simply stored them until selling.

Generally I have got much better deals on the Silver Forum without the gambling and risk that EBay entails. Sellers on here in my experience are very helpful and there are good deals to be had. As well as the knowledge and advice people share.

I must be unlucky as nothing I've watched / bid for on Ebay has ever gone for below spot 😪 !

Given I focus on bullion coins, some of the prices were actually pretty ridiculous  and the buyers would have been better off buying from Bullion by post et al.

Anyway I feel much more comfortable buying from here than Ebay!

Archived