• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns under spot or a stick and carrot?

Foster88

I came across this website today and noticed the prices of some sovereigns are way under spot.

The website will let me add to basket which is a little odd.

Has anyone ordered from Josephine Coins? I’m not looking to buy but I will at those prices!!

I’m thinking this is a ‘stick and carrot’ to entice you in and then they request the real price.

1AECDEF9-A951-4C5E-BC56-137B26525BAB.jpeg

8 hours ago, Realwealthuprising said:

I had a bad experience on ebay with this company. The owner (I presume) tried to arrange for a sale to take place outside of ebay/ paypal and when I refused sent abusive messages 🙈

It’s a good job you didn’t order from them. You should have sent them the lyrics to Cindy Laupers ‘True Colours’.

I just can’t understand why they are running a bullion business without ‘live’ prices showing on their website.

Very odd.

I don't think they are a bullion business. There a numismatic business with bullion coins. A bit like Harrington and Byrne, they sell their bullion coins cheap to lure people in to buy the overpriced proofs and historic coins but yes some of their pricing seems odd.

https://www.josephine-coins.co.uk/

Previous name of company was The Commonwealth Mint Ltd (March 2017)  Directors are Casey 'Josephine' Morris age 36, and Michael Colin Morris age 60 from Wickford ESSEX. Casey apparently owns the company but Companies House in August 2019 showed  her as no longer a person with significant control, whatever that means. See 'About us' on the website for background info. Appears to be more involved with horse business than coins. However the website has a variety of gold sovereigns on display at reasonable prices IMO, but some coins need price updating. It all appears to be legit.... but not for me.

LOL,

No-one has even noticed, that the address of this company is the same address as the Silver Forum :)

Now obviously @ChrisSilver has nothing to do with this company, but while its perfectly acceptable for a forum site that sells no physical items to have a virtual address, (in fact it actually makes sense) I certainly wouldn't trust a gold dealer with a virtual office, rather than a bricks and mortar office.

• Founder & Administrator
3 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

Now obviously @ChrisSilver has nothing to do with this company, but while its perfectly acceptable for a forum site that sells no physical items to have a virtual address, (in fact it actually makes sense) I certainly wouldn't trust a gold dealer with a virtual office, rather than a bricks and mortar office.

Yes, the address is just a registered address. And I have nothing to do with this company called Josephine Coins.

However, using a different registered address to an actual office address in itself is not suspicious. I know of large multinational dealers who also do this so that their office addresses where precious metals are stored are not publicly available on the internet. Obviously it’s different for precious metals dealers who also have a physical shop and not just an online business.

Using the same registered address as the forum though, may or may not be a coincidence.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Interesting thread, there was something about the name that was familiar.  In 2018, I bought a 2002 sovereign from Josephine coins, back in the days when you got 10% discount vouchers that could be used on precious metals - I ended up with a very nice BU sovereign for less than spot. 

I don't think these are scammers, but probably more in the same camp as H&B, hooking you in with a loss leader

Archived