• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New to investing / Coins in UK - How does my plan look?

goldbugtom

Hi all,

This looks like a great forum to be a part of!

I'm fairly new to investing and researching gold / silver however I have been totally fascinated by the entire financial system for around 6 months now. Upon learning that gold is inherently money - anything else is simply a promise (FIAT currency) and enjoy listening to Mike Maloney, Ray Dalio, Robert Kiyosaki etc.

I am increasingly bullish on Gold and believe that with all the QE and currency printing going on, FIAT currencies will be in for a rocky road..

Anyway, as a hedge bet to that - I'd like to own some Gold / Silver and accumulate it over time with the aim of holding it long term.

This is my current thinking, so please feel free to correct me if you would do anything differently.

Gold

Buy some Sovereigns (CGT free) of varying years, including some 2012 when on offer. Basically my idea is to stack and hold. Only tiny amounts to start with.

Silver

Britannias (Whenever I can find them in stock..!) or 1oz Coins e.g. Gold Eagles. (Though I'm not sure if these are CGT exempt? Not that it's an issue for me at present.)

One of the main places I've looked at using is Chards, they seem to offer very competitive prices.

Many thanks to everyone for any advice in advance. Let me know if you would do anything differently or something I've missed? Cheers.

Welcome to the forum,the only advice I'll give is to encourage you to get a paid membership on here,as you'll get to see the deals as soon as their listed,and it's very rare that you'll find gold/silver cheaper elsewhere. 😁

Welcome mate! For silvers I'd recommend coininvest.com - I've just made a bulk purchase from there myself, they have Britannia's in stock.

Also consider a premium membership within the forum, there's a wealth of information and you'll get early dibs on the listed sales!

Best of luck.

FiveStacks

• Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 2 weeks later...

Archived