• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New 'high-tech' Britannia Gold Coin

Tn21

does it reflect the value of gold that they are trying hard  to combat fakes now in coins as well as notes  ?.

dean.m

this made me smile

"Ash warns investors looking for resale value rather than novelty value: 'Do not be tempted by coins that come with fancy packaging, are backed with slick adverts and are special editions.'

I think it is a positive thing though I think it still won't prevent some people from buying forgeries. The Royal Canadian Mint has been using similar technology for a number of years now across its entire bullion range but of course these coins still get faked and people still buy them. Its painfully obvious comparing something like a genuine maple to a fake maple especially with the security features and micro engraving but again if you don't know what to look for and haven't educated yourself you aren't going to see it. So with that said it would be nice if the Royal Mint publicized this more prominently and I'd also like to see them follow the RCM's lead and use this technology across their entire bullion range - not just the gold coins.

It's partly about the security features but I suspect there is quite a bit of competition between the bug mints of the world to have the best minting technology and this certainly elevates the Royal mint up high.

In due course you will understand how amazing this minting is if you follow my YouTube channel!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

It's partly about the security features but I suspect there is quite a bit of competition between the bug mints of the world to have the best minting technology and this certainly elevates the Royal mint up high.

In due course you will understand how amazing this minting is if you follow my YouTube channel!

👀

We getting a sneak peak BYB?

• ChrisSilver changed the title to New 'high-tech' Britannia Gold Coin

Archived