• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 high-tech Britannia Gold coin

Abyss

17 minutes ago, Bouchy5 said:

Looks a great love the design. Any idea when we will be able to buy one?

Many dealers website have the coin as placeholder awaiting stock assume sign not long till the coin available buy. Estimate early November but that just a guess.

I think RM will use all these security features going forward on all Britannia's so doubt there is much if any upside in possible value to the person looking to lock in a bit profit with this coin

Lovely design, i will get one at some stage - sure its great in hand   

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ducat916 said:

These look awesome, anyone know where there's any 1/10 available in UK, most sites seem to be sold out already?

Is there a limited mintage on these or is it just a case of waiting for more stock?

Thanks in advance for any info :)

These are the bullion product for 2021 so mintage will be unlimited so I think you'll just need to wait a bit whilst the initial rush to get hold of them clears and you'll be able to source one :)!

if you're desperate, they are in stock at the mint..! https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/gold-coins/britannia-2021-tenth-oz-gold-coin/

18 minutes ago, Clockpuncher said:

These are the bullion product for 2021 so mintage will be unlimited so I think you'll just need to wait a bit whilst the initial rush to get hold of them clears and you'll be able to source one :)!

if you're desperate, they are in stock at the mint..! https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/gold-coins/britannia-2021-tenth-oz-gold-coin/

Thanks for the info @Clockpuncher, will keep an eye open & bide my time then :)

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Abyss said:

In the today I received thread @sixfour posted the following picture coins purchased 5 x 2021 Britannia 1 oz Gold coins and yes they look as stunning as all the stock photos and Royal Mint videos.

1569199361_IMG_E08071.JPG.1fd50cd0d5e78d

Hi mate they do look very nice am trying to get one for the best price but seems the only place in stock is the royal Mint will Keep looking 👍🏿

Edited by Ranks1970

3 hours ago, Ranks1970 said:

Hi mate they do look very nice am trying to get one for the best price but seems the only place in stock is the royal Mint will Keep looking 👍🏿

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-coins/2021-gold-coins/2021-britannia-one-ounce-gold-coin/

3 hours ago, Ranks1970 said:

Hi Ranks1970,

I have 2 left at £1,525 each posted (includes capsule) in the trade section if still interested.

Thanks

Edited by Sparrowlegs4

• 2 years later...
On 04/10/2020 at 06:32, Abyss said:

High tech: The new Britannia gold coin has been produced with 'micro-detail'

The new 24-carat one troy ounce of gold coin has been produced with 'micro-detail' so the waves in the background appear to roll as you look at them from different angles.

The illusion of moving waves is a security measure introduced to make it difficult for forgers to copy. There are others, including a disk by the bottom of the regal figure's dress that also acts like a hologram so you can see either a padlock or trident on it, again depending on what angle you look at it from.

Full Article This is Money

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/investing/article-8801321/Is-new-Britannia-coin-golden-opportunity-stocks-slide.html

Necro-bumping, but if a forger takes two valid one ounce gold coins, machines out one face on one, the other face on the other, inserts tungsten in the middle of the two and joins the two halves, then they end up with one ounce of gold along with a single one ounce coin that has the right size, weight and looks (being actual valid coin faces, including the security measures) but is only half a ounce of actual gold

tungsten-core-american-eagle.gif

On 01/01/2023 at 15:19, Bratnia said:

Necro-bumping, but if a forger takes two valid one ounce gold coins, machines out one face on one, the other face on the other, inserts tungsten in the middle of the two and joins the two halves, then they end up with one ounce of gold along with a single one ounce coin that has the right size, weight and looks (being actual valid coin faces, including the security measures) but is only half a ounce of actual gold

tungsten-core-american-eagle.gif

I currently visiting India and have sold two 1 oz Gold 1974 and 1984 Krugerrands and bought four bangles for my mums 70th birthday present. When I bought the Krugerrands on the forum performed all the necessary checks (weight/calipher and ping test via app) all came back positive. I had never before purchased 22 carat 1 oz Gold coin before then but was almost certain these were genuine and recently reconfirmed when sold to reputable gold shop in India (received 5% above spot).

If I have this much confidence purchasing gold coins minted decades ago as long as you have handled and tested gold before buying the latest security enhanced 1 oz Gold Britannias is child play. In the past performed gravity tests and ascertained Gold content of a coin was 18 carat as opposed to 22 carat. Any attempt at faking a Royal Mint issued legal tender coin carries  harsh penalties similar laws for those coins minted by US/Australian/Canadian mints. 

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/forgery-and-counterfeiting#:~:text=Offences under sections 1 - 4,imprisonment or fine or both.

I have a Morgan Dollar that I purchased as a novelty.  It is a genuine coin but had been cored and mated to another coin as per the above post.  It was designed for magicians and you have to look closely to ascertain it has been machined.  Trust no one!

Not my circus, not my monkeys