• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Libertad's

rebelroller

Okay, we have been waiting for the 2020 Libertad's to be released.  There have been several dates and the latest was September 30th.  So far, except for a few sightings on YouTube that some have gotten a few, where are the coins?  Think they are waiting for the spot price to recover from the recent dip?  Just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

From the September 2020 edition of the U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association 

Following a freedom of information request the Banco de Mexico has recently announced that the Libertad Series for
2020 will take place and, despite the coronavirus pandemic, the authorized amounts for gold and silver has increased
on the previous year.
In 2019 597,196 silver pieces (in all denominations) were struck, in 2020 the amount increases to 824,600, while for gold in 2019 the total of pieces (in all sizes) was 10,204 but for this year the maximum amount will be 25,200, more than
double! However, these numbers are just the maximum authorized and the Banco de México can reduce these figures.
In its notice the central bank did not give the mintages per size and the dates to start production. However, sellers on
the internet have announced that 31 October will be the release date for the coins
(information from Pablo Luna Herrera)

Federal workers have been away from work for a long time so it will be interesting to see if the make the maximum mintage or a reduced one. Mexico Bank is always the last to present their wares every year and this year is no exception.

wow they just keep pushing em back a month at a time.? i preordered almost 6 months ago now. really hopped the 9/30 would be the last time they pushed the date back and when i saw a couple people had some on youtube i thought it was a good sign. thanks for the info. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very interesting thread. I spoke to Martin at silvertrader earlier about this and he said to me that the mexican mint is not producing any libertad's this year 😔 but if @Oldun source is correct then i will be happy but I can see the mintage being very low this year so would be worth a tube of bu 1oz or buying a variety up to flip at a later date.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/11/2020 at 21:03, DaKine said:

They already have produced 1 oz currency and released in Mexico. There are some on the net, and Youtube.

Can you share a link please? 

28 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

LPM now has these.

Mintage of 300000 for 1 oz silver.

Good catch. 👆👍

This item is on pre-sale with an expected ship date of 16-12-2020 (dd-mm-yyyy).

Should mean these will soon start to pop up with dealers around Europe, too. 

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

7 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

GoldSilver has the 1oz, 2oz and 5oz now

2oz mintage : 5500, 5oz ; 8900

I have grabbed all these sizes and probably been lucky to get 5* 5oz at only 120€/ea due to a mistake from them :) 

Not bad! 😃

129,92 € /ea now.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Archived