• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

completed 100g silver bars for sale x 20 £74 each plus postage

mrrick

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jonrms it very much feels like your accusing me of being a scamster or a thief and attempting to defraud fellow forum members , i am very much interested in what more you have to say as you seem to determined to besmirch me , i have had these bars sigma verified and i have access to the x ray machine at a jeweller friend of mine  for which i can get a print out to confirm they are 100% 100g of silver , where these bars stolen from someone you know ? or do you apparently think they are tungsten bars? , i have already sold some of these bars to forum members and had no problems so far 

as far as i am aware 100g of silver is always going to be worth whatever spot is at the time , or maybe i am mistake and you could enlighten me?

We need some clarity on this thread for all parties involved.

This includes @mrrick as the seller, myself who has already bought a few bars and any individuals who may have purchased or are in the process of purchasing.

At the moment it's unfair on all involved not to be given the relevant full information.

46 minutes ago, mrrick said:

@jonrms , if the bars are 100% 100g of silver and not stolen or fake , then why would they not be accepted , please tell me more i would love to hear this story , its very easy to say these bars wont be accepted but please provide further context 

3 minutes ago, kojak said:

We need some clarity on this thread for all parties involved.

This includes @mrrick as the seller, myself who has already bought a few bars and any individuals who may have purchased or are in the process of purchasing.

At the moment it's unfair on all involved not to be given the relevant full information.

Without prejudice and speaking as a prospective buyer, I agree with Kojak. Clarification is required here. I have emailed bullionbypost to see if the above claims of non-acceptance are substantiated. Is Martin from silvertrader on this forum? He might be able to confirm the provenance?

Damn it

I've not logged in for years but in response to a member who emailed me regarding this thread I figured i would just post my response

Hi,
just went through the thread a long read lol
Bars like this were sold a long time ago before the Sao bars or at the same time as they were out
but when the refinery was taken over by new owners the sao bars as well as these no brand bars were no longer made
hence why i Went forward with my Albion bar project with the New owners of the Refinery.
in regards to some of the questions
some dealers might not be willing to buy them as they are not an Lbma listed bar but the same could be said of any bars made that are not listed on the Lbma website
this includes even Hallmarked bars from an assay office so that's not really an issue
Ultimately most dealers would just treat them like scrap silver so again not an issue
I'm pretty sure alot of them were purchased and sold by jewellers as shown in the pictures as a no brand bar and i doubt the Chinese are faking them lol
so not really seeing a problem here other than the usual buyer beware and if in doubt maybe get one tested.

I only have a small concern as alot of these bars were taken during an armed robbery in 2013 see link below
The main suspects were a gang in Manchester
So i'll contact the refinery in the morning and pass the information on

yes i do have an account on the silverforum but have not logged in years lol
hope this info helps

you can copy and paste if you like mate
sincerely martin

Quick update

Just got off the phone with the manager of the refinary

no 100 gram bars were taken in the robbery or very few

So i have no concerns

they made thousands of these bars for local jewellers with no brand on them years ago before they started going with Sao

so should be fine people i see no reason to doubt them

Sincerely martin

2 hours ago, mrrick said:

thank you all you guys for your help tonight in clearing up issues , ive now sold another 6 bars

so i've got 11 bars left for sale 

This is not the first attack on a member when it comes to bars...

Frankly I think it's disgusting.

We all know if we suspect something strange or wrong to contact the admin or private message the seller...

Best luck with your sale rick.

Further update for clarification as we have gone this far, bullionbypost have responded by email to let me know they would buy these bars without issue. As per their usual policy, if they are not buying a bar that they would resell, it would be treated as scrap .999 silver. Edit Same confirmation from Atkinsons.

Please note as a few have emailed me, 

I have tried to apologize, and to inform the OP for my concerns, however his reply and persistent anger/hatred via PM was enough for me to leave it. 

The Silver Trader came out to clarify and verify matters. 

At NO time have I accused this seller of anything, but asked him to look into it. It dragged on and personally I was acting in the interest of fellow members. I regret nothing, but am happy it pushed the sellers products along very quickly! If anything this cleared up this matter, but a big warning remains for the 1 kilo bars. 

There is nothing to retract, but as I already stated if the seller feels hurt, I apologise.  But his responses had all of us working hard last night. 

Glad again your sales progressed .... 

Archived