• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is it me or What?

Rll1288

Ok is it me ... This is the third Frankenstein coin I have received from the RM which has the same mark on it... I am not being ultra pedantic am I and they said it would go through quality control 🙂

Has anyone else had the same issue with the Piedfort Frankenstein coin?

Frankenstein_mark.jpg

1 hour ago, Rll1288 said:

Well been on call with them (after sending pictures...again) and have to send it back... again.....

If they send you something like that again, just get a refund that coin is ridiculous considering it was a replacement.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I was conducting some research on Royal Mint products, as its bullion appears stunning.  Overtime, though, a pattern of quality control issues (milk spots, toning, abrasions) emerged.  Such reports can give one pause.

A few years ago the RM used to sell coins like that on Ebay under the seller name 'llantrisant coins' - they were often half the price of the same (unblemished) coins on their own site. I bought a few silver proof sets from them with similar markings.

They stopped their eBay shop about the same time they decided to not bother with any quality control. The result is that all the coins they used to sell off cheaply now get sent out directly from RM. I guess it must be working for them, maybe they have a deal with Royal Mail that makes the constant sending back and forth of rejected coins more profitable than selling 'seconds' off cheaply ??

On 24/09/2020 at 21:43, TeaTime said:

A few years ago the RM used to sell coins like that on Ebay under the seller name 'llantrisant coins' - they were often half the price of the same (unblemished) coins on their own site. I bought a few silver proof sets from them with similar markings.

They stopped their eBay shop about the same time they decided to not bother with any quality control. The result is that all the coins they used to sell off cheaply now get sent out directly from RM. I guess it must be working for them, maybe they have a deal with Royal Mail that makes the constant sending back and forth of rejected coins more profitable than selling 'seconds' off cheaply ??

Remarkable that they sold on eBay!  I did not know that, but it does not entirely surprise me.

I stopped buying from the RM as it is cheaper to buy on the secondary market.  Plus you can chose what you buy to avoid quality issues.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Archived