• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver and gold prices

CollectorNo1

Hi everyone great for the site to be back...

Just wanted to know your views on silver and gold...big drops today due to the current covid condition..is this a nervous drop or do you think the price has gone down because of fear...short term or is silver and gold going to rise....slowly but will rise..what's your opinions..

Dave

Ugh, I've been wanting a 10oz Dragon QB forever, APMEX just sent a in-stock alert and it's up to 600 bucks each 🤢🤮  No thank you.  I know that's less silver spot than it is premiums on a rare 10 oz desirable coin but still, premiums for physical still seem to be at a minimum like 2-3 dollars over spot at least.  

I could see silver falling to ~$19, has strong support there, that's currently around £15

$1750 for gold - £1380

If they fall below those levels without everything else crashing and there being a clear reason why I would start to get a little concerned, I can't see that happening though especially with gold

Looking at silver (blue) flipped vertical and overlaid on dxy (black) is very telling of the story since July

dollarsilver.thumb.png.10c889d6f7123b9fc038b384ff0f9953.png

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

On 24/09/2020 at 15:14, CollectorNo1 said:

Over the last few months Gold and silver has risen...All these experts dealers,c.e.o's etc of bullion companies all saying that Gold will go over $3000Silver could go $50+.

How did they all get it so wrong?????

Because nobody can predict the future 

On 24/09/2020 at 15:14, CollectorNo1 said:

Over the last few months Gold and silver has risen...All these experts dealers,c.e.o's etc of bullion companies all saying that Gold will go over $3000Silver could go $50+.

How did they all get it so wrong?????

They rely on ignorant fools to hold physical, waiting for their silver to hit these fairytale prices, while they buy on the dips and sell on the peaks and bank the profits. 

4 hours ago, Erolroller said:

They rely on ignorant fools to hold physical, waiting for their silver to hit these fairytale prices, while they buy on the dips and sell on the peaks and bank the profits. 

Damn, had no idea I was an ignorant fool. Thinking about it though it would be ironic if I did.

On 26/09/2020 at 13:09, Erolroller said:

So by your reckoning 99.99999% of silver forum members are fools for holding physical precious metals. 

Calm...

Predicting prices is very difficult (if you are putting money on the line) or very easy if you are making YouTube videos.

Remember that over the past year gold has increased by about 25%, and over the last three months silver is still up by over 28%.

So, as they say, ignorance is bliss!

Does anyone have views on YOUTUBE Videos and the people who make them?? I.e silver proofs...circulated coins etc..I'm from uk..and I must admit I do watch them when I'm bored..but they collect very badly circulated £2,£1 and 50p's...bit of fun but are worthless in my opinion.. never going to be an investment..or going to rise in price because the condition of these circulated coins are so bad....what is your views on this??? Be interested to know..

19 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Does anyone have views on YOUTUBE Videos and the people who make them?? I.e silver proofs...circulated coins etc..I'm from uk..and I must admit I do watch them when I'm bored..but they collect very badly circulated £2,£1 and 50p's...bit of fun but are worthless in my opinion.. never going to be an investment..or going to rise in price because the condition of these circulated coins are so bad....what is your views on this??? Be interested to know..

Great question!  I can't tell you from experience since I've never attempted to sell any of my coins yet, but there are stackers out there that will buy silver in any condition.  Some actually prefer well circulated and toned coins.   I try to stay away from well circulated coins and tend to buy BU coins and rounds.  I know my LCS will shy away from badly circulated coins, unless he know someone who will buy in that condition, which is rare for him.

I also do not watch Silver YouTube Videos any longer (except for BackYard Bullion of course).  Most seem to be only looking for views and likes in order to monetize their videos to buy more silver.

Yeah I agree...I've noticed some of these Youtubers..mentioning no names..have started selling merchandise...shirts hoodies,caps etc...and you have to subscribe and pay to watch there live stream videos....No way am I going to do that..I think they are capitalising on peoples interest in coins and making money from gullible people..personally I think it's disgusting........they go from normal tubers to making money selling there brand..and they are just run of the mill people....money makers....opportunists..which I find offensive.....I think we all know the people I'm talking about....

Archived