• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Royal Mint Winnie the Pooh and Friends 50p

Aiden2343

23 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Considering the price that didn’t take too long and I would guess that most of the buyers were true collectors. I am assuming that the number of gold versions that will be sold as part of the 3 coin and 9 coin sets will be the same for the next two coins and those sold as singles will also be the same and for each coin the total will be 525.

Yeah that makes sense. Buying the set just means one of the coins is reserved for you in each new release. I hope the next 6 coin designs are better.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought the winnie the Pooh silver proof 50p and reserved the rest of the 8 over the next 2 years....But!! Have now cxld the others...after doing some research and looking at past results of other commemorative sets....I had a gut feeling they will not do very well...the mintages are quite high...maybe one of the coins will have a very low mintage and do very well..only time will tell whether my gut feeling was right 🤔🤔

I can understand your point of view. I believe that although the silver Winnie the Pooh hasn’t sold out yet I still believe that it will go up in price in the future, but like you I am not sure about the rest of the set if themintage remains at 18,000. Saying that I may continue with my order so that I have the set.

They're a nice set and will make a lovely collection, i would have gone for them but i lack the patience (so may be the one offering to buy a complete set in a few years 😄) Perhaps they might not be a good flip but so what if you like them and will enjoy collecting them 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: you need to talk @Alun into making a nice box 🙂

Yeah it's either gonna be very good or average....the first 3 coins are nice..but when you think of the actual silver value 😳😳😳😳 the premiums on these and other silver 50p's is unreal..I think from a purely collectors view Yes they are nice to collect but investment..I'm not convinced but, I'm far from being an expert ..

Regards

These shouldn't be looked at as an investment,occasionally you might get very lucky e.g. Peter Rabbit. But on the whole you'll be lucky to get your money back if you go to sell. I've ordered the full set,but only as a present for first grandchild,just as something they might look at in 10/20 years time and think of their old grandad. Lol

On 01/10/2020 at 22:20, magpie79 said:

got my proof

it seems I have some pooh on the other side to !

not happy 
ADB1EA17-3CE4-4CDA-ACE5-96B524629E5A.jpeg.97ac345ec1bee453ee8d29d188652ce5.jpeg

Looks like you sneezed on it and gave it Covid 😄

I assume you'll be sending back?

@danmc82🤣 got sent back yesterday, just Worried what the replacement will be like, now they r all sold out (I think) 

it’s annoying as I promised meself I wouldn’t buy any more silver proofs after a run of spotting in my last few purchases 

53 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I had an email to say my 2nd coin will be delivered end of October..thing is I only ordered the winnie the pooh..seems like you have to be careful when ordering..as they send coins you havnt ordered????? 😳😳😳😳😲😲😲😲😲😲

Well... we shall see what they send lol

Archived