• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

18oz of gold to be in the top 0.8%? - The 100 Club

Heirlooms

Hi All,

I stumbled across this video which many people may have seen but thought I'd share. I've been looking for something like this for a while and thought this was an interesting way to work out how much gold you would need to own to be in the to 0.8 percentile of wealthy individuals in the world (caveat, the video is from 2018 but not too much has changed based on the theory). The calculations are a little complicated but I'd encourage you to watch it, its not too long. In summary if you distributed all the mined gold in the world in the same way the world's total net worth per adult is distributed, then you would need to own 18oz of gold to be in the top 0.8% worlds wealthiest individuals. 

While that's no mean feat it's quite refreshing to have a number in the back or your mind to aim for knowing what you have achieved. Also this is based on the assumption that everyone in the world would own the equivalent  amount of gold to their net worth which we all know isn't true so the amount of ounces in real terms is even less! The 100 club is a great thing to aspire to as well, something I will be aiming for. Would love to know your thoughts and if anyone else has heard of other methods to work this out 😊

Looking for 1965, 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

1 hour ago, Abyss said:

Already subscriber to belangp created some amazing content on his YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6WVWDoJOKsHR_fKM30a8lA) and this one of his YouTube videos inspired me to work towards the 100 oz Gold club.

I'm now a subscriber! Been in a wormhole of videos on his page all morning! Interesting to see how he allocates/distributes gold in his overall portfolio. Probably a little too gold heavy for me but an interesting concept. Gimme 18 months and I'll be in the 100 club (hopefully!)

Looking for 1965, 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

Belangp is an awesome youtuber and a very valuable resource.

In particular I highly recommend his video titled "reset". Its an older video, but is particulary relevant during the current circumstances. 

• 1 month later...

Archived