• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver coins

CollectorNo1

Question??? Silver coins or silver bars??? Long term investing....I'm new to this but have been doing my research..one thing that concerns me with silver coins...ASE,BRITANNIA'S, MAPLE ....is the milk spots n toning on these coins...The Canadian Maple of 2028 I've seen has the new technology of preventing these blemishes..I'd really appreciate any views on this as I'm thinking 1oz silver coins from 2020 are better to buy for the long term..not because they might be worth more but because of the condition for the long term..

Thankyou very much..David..London UK..

I saw a video of a ribboned ASE monster box that was burried underground for 6-8 years, they cut the plastic bands, opened it up, clean as a whistle, and the coins were absolutely perfect. If you store correctly I don't think much will blemish on you. I will admit I don't have many maples due to the milking, but if I could find new maples w the lines as you described, I'd be on em. Beautiful coins. I like buying rolls at a time in their original mint tubes, if I can't, I'll buy original mint tubes empty off eBay for 5-7 bucks. 

You can't go wrong stacking either of these. One thought tho is that, if you buy 2 rolls of sovereign coins, that's 40 (sometimes more) oz of silver. WHEN silver eventually is worth much more than it is now, say 500 an oz, it'll be much easier to sell by the oz, than if you had say 4x 10 oz bars. There's really no BETTER choice other than, go with the sovereign coin of your country, easier to offload and most recognizable..and for bars, 10 oz bars are great to stack. If space is an issue, maybe look into "stackable" options, scottsdale mint stacker bars that interlock when stacked on top of each other, or for example the NZ owl of Athena coins, they stack nice (but wouldn't want them out of a tube. I guess it's tuff really w bars, unless you buy a food saver vac seal machine, or only buy sealed bars, or get cases for your bars. There's mint tubes of bars too. The options are endless. 

But as far as what's best, both. But most of all, make sure it's REAL/ avoid sketchy sellers and try to shoot for the coin of your country. Silver will tarnish, but in the end it's worth JUST ABOUT the same as if it weren't. There are also easy ways to get rid of milk spots if it happens. Keep em away from air and you should be good. 

Man, I would stack a giant box full of sterling silver forks if the price was right! 🤣👍

Thanks mate for the information...taken on board...I'm fairly new to collecting so trying to get a grip of what to buy and what not too....for every ten comments that are positive..theres 10bthat are negative..not on here I'm talking on all media sites talking about silver

Regards

David.

Archived