• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens Beasts, sell now?

KevjustKev

I think holding for a few years has a great potential upside for a complete set. 

Also, the proof versions will be running for another year or so - the hype about the set will continue for the time being.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

My experience of selling complete sets of anything has not been encouraging.
It has been more profitable splitting a set ( gold and silver ) and selling the coins individually then scrapping the box.
I honestly believe this will also be true for the 2oz QB coins.

Not that it’s my field of expertise when it comes to coin sets but once the hype dies down it seems that these coins from sets aren’t THAT desirable.

It will be the next big thing or the next big thing after that. Although i must admit ive only been collecting the last couple of years so not sure what hype surrounded previous sets compared to the current QB collection.

Either way I’ll just sit on the whole full set of 1oz gold, worse case scenario they are worth spot which currently is a lot more than I paid for any of them.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

It has been more profitable splitting a set ( gold and silver ) and selling the coins individually then scrapping the box.

Entirely agree with this.

9 hours ago, Pete said:

I would agree also! 

There has been a lot of momentum behind the QB series, so the final mintage figures will be high - particularly for the bullion versions - and this won't make it particularly hard to get, nor sought after IMO. Thus, I'm not convinced it will return big bucks for the investment side of things. 

However, they are a lovely collection of coins to own and appreciate👍

For the investor, I believe that the proof sets may really come into their own in the future (when/if the final bullion mintage figures are ever released). Some of the proof mintage figures are fairly low and I think they will be dwarfed by the bullion numbers. 

Just my thoughts though 😊

I have always said i believe the queens beasts are fairly unremarkable coins and have just been a popular series to collect, when the set is complete i dont see people paying large premiums to buy completed sets. 

They are at the end of the day bullion coins that are prone to milk spotting. 

No offence meant to any collectors I know these are popular coins, but there is always a series that is the "in" series to collect, it used to be lunar series 2. 

@BeeCee My experience of selling sets has been good, depends on what you are selling how desirable it is etc.

As we are talking about Queens beasts specifically there are always in any set some coins that command more money than others (the key coins), sometimes due to lower mintages & or desirability.

In the bog standard 2oz silver version of the collection the Lion & Griffin make much more than any other version.

In the 2oz graded MS 69 it is the Griffin & White Horse that make very good money, you would currently not get the White Horse for less than £250 as it is very rare with plenty of collectors looking for it.

The 1oz silver proofs are a nice set but only the Lion seems to make money over issue price consistently. The graded NGC PF 70s are a whole different ball game though, some of those make a lot of money.

Gold versions although I have a few 1/4oz proofs I can't really comment on, I'm sure some of the guys who are collecting these will chip in.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Archived