• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

the sting of buying now

Mark10110

I just took the leap of buying another 1oz of gold that I have been saving up for around 2 months, Do you guys feel the sting buying at these almost ATH prices?

Reading the books currency wars, a new case for gold & why gold why now really have given me the confidence in my move but god damn it still stings.

I get what you mean and I do three things: (1) keep £-cost averaging; (2) look for bargains, as then I feel somehow like I got a deal despite the high prices; and (3) I'm now buying more numismatic stuff that I would never be able to justify the premiums on in normal times, but where (because spot has increased so much) the numismatic premium has not increased at the same rate - this makes things more varied and fun but also hopefully means some of the numismatic premium will remain even if the spot prices of gold decreases dramatically.

Happy stacking :)

36 minutes ago, Mark10110 said:

I just took the leap of buying another 1oz of gold that I have been saving up for around 2 months, Do you guys feel the sting buying at these almost ATH prices?

Reading the books currency wars, a new case for gold & why gold why now really have given me the confidence in my move but god damn it still stings.

my advice would be that go for it and don't think about it twice , you can't time the market and if you wanna buy gold just pull the trigger and chances are that spot price will keep increasing .

I bought lots of gold during the lockdown when spot was at record high of over £1400 and premiums were super high as well , yesterday I sold some of them because I am buying a new car and guess what ? I still made a lot of profit on them despite I sold them to a dealer for %99 of spot price  and I sold some of them here on the forum for %1-2 over spot price .

Happy stacking .

1 minute ago, Nick1368 said:

my advice would be that go for it and don't think about it twice , you can't time the market and if you wanna buy gold just pull the trigger and chances are that spot price will keep increasing .

I bought lots of gold during the lockdown when spot was at record high of over £1400 and premiums were super high as well , yesterday I sold some of them because I am buying a new car and guess what ? I still made a lot of profit on them despite I sold them to a dealer for %99 of spot price  and I sold some of them here on the forum for %1-2 over spot price .

Happy stacking .

yea, im looking to buy membership and buying gold from trusted sellers here up until xmas, half oz and smaller. 

I just read this article - personally I think it is sales BS but I could be wrong.

https://goldco.com/3-signs-that-now-is-the-right-time-to-buy-gold/?_hsmi=94718583&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8mr3oalOvkcWo4MofWCLp_-Y-dUtEFX4rFfRmpdJLpVg7qc4hzSZUP-ipMlQVN8_PAfwdP0IVtRWJdJ-Q2UcA5bllH0w

The problem I see is not the collapse of the world stock markets.
Some funds might fall a bit but the world population is rising, many poorer countries are growing their economies, we all need food, energy, pharmaceuticals etc. so I don't agree that that the stock markets are due to collapse. They might be over inflated in the USA however but that also depends on the value of the US dollar.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket still applies and I would follow one of the examples of the pension fund quoted limiting gold to 5%.
If the sh!t was going to hit the fan I think it would be a lot higher than 5%.
We have been here before so buckle up for the ride !!

41 minutes ago, Pete said:

I just read this article - personally I think it is sales BS but I could be wrong.

https://goldco.com/3-signs-that-now-is-the-right-time-to-buy-gold/?_hsmi=94718583&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8mr3oalOvkcWo4MofWCLp_-Y-dUtEFX4rFfRmpdJLpVg7qc4hzSZUP-ipMlQVN8_PAfwdP0IVtRWJdJ-Q2UcA5bllH0w

The problem I see is not the collapse of the world stock markets.
Some funds might fall a bit but the world population is rising, many poorer countries are growing their economies, we all need food, energy, pharmaceuticals etc. so I don't agree that that the stock markets are due to collapse. They might be over inflated in the USA however but that also depends on the value of the US dollar.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket still applies and I would follow one of the examples of the pension fund quoted limiting gold to 5%.
If the sh!t was going to hit the fan I think it would be a lot higher than 5%.
We have been here before so buckle up for the ride !!

the russia china vs USA currency war is what has my attention, tariffs are the new weapons and I am starting to think we are in the middle of WW3, its just not fought with guns, We already know that the EU is clinging to life support. The feds unlimited printing to prop up businesses that need to fail and to make the stock market look like everything is fine still boggles my mind. Governments are trying new ways to add secret tax to everyone beyond inflation such as a increase of 5p on plastic bags and home insurance tax going up 10%. all this is happening and we haven't even gotten out of the current problem let alone covered the 2008 can we kicked down the road. I honestly can't see any outcome where everything goes back to normal.

Congrats on your buy   

No sting for me, been doing it for years and have a strategy and enjoy investing in gold.  

At the end of the day, it is not like buying a new car that loses a few k when you first drive it, 50pct in 3 years and most of its value at 10 years old. 

Enjoy your purchase and evolve a strategy.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

4 hours ago, Mark10110 said:

I will buy 1,5 oz of numismatic gold, end of this month.

Been looking at hundreds of diffrent coins, for hours and hours.

Really fun and exciting to "hunt" for the coins you want to buy. 🤠

5 minutes ago, MrTT said:

I will buy 1,5 oz of numismatic gold, end of this month.

Been looking at hundreds of diffrent coins, for hours and hours.

Really fun and exciting to "hunt" for the coins you want to buy. 🤠

i just went for cheapest "new coin" option, 2020 britannia. I really want the 1oz buffalo but im avoiding premiums

Simple form technical analysis trading view (free to register) https://in.tradingview.com/symbols/TVC-GOLD/

Taken copy previous Gold bull market started in October 2008 to September 2011 using bar pattern tool (charts below monthly)SQ62KwYR

Added it to start of break above $1400 (six years Gold price kept below this level) and have my price projection $2600 by June 2022. We very far away from reaching the top of the current bull market in Gold. Buy and accumulate, hold and wait with patience you will be rewarded for that decision.

4fvMnMYt

The numbers I posted $2600 for Gold is conservative. In this bull market if the price rose half of the percentage risen in the last bull market (300%) we are still talking about $1050 x 3 = $3150 Gold price (start the calculation $1400 break of the prior resistance Gold price go to $4200). Nobody can predict the future price of Gold but on the balance of probabilities in 2 / 5 / 10 / 20 years from now it will be significantly higher than it is now and will keep up with inflation. I regret not buying more when prices were cheaper but I will regret it even more in the future if I don't continue to buy.

goldbull.1563535432576.png?

15 hours ago, Mark10110 said:

B3868039-A4A8-4E17-B5E1-AD328DA7A6FB.jpeg

Yeah having the same issue - would love to keep regularly adding, but it usually pays to wait for a pullback, even if temporary. Things have gotten to the point where I'm *hoping* to get an AGE 1 oz. for $2000 including the premium. And that just ain't happening right now. I'd probably satisfy the cravings with some sovereigns or other foreign gold, but the taxes charged in my state make that equally unpalatable. Just going to pile up cash until I get a price I can handle.

Is the price of gold and it's predicted rise ( according to some here ) going to pull silver or is silver on its own ?
The gold / silver ratio is much more realistic than some while back so is silver going on its journey to the moon as experts were shouting out 9-10 years ago ?
Nice to see many regular bullion ounces on the Bay breaking £30.

Not read the previous comments but if keeping the gold for a few years you should be good. Have a cash emergency fund so you don’t have to cash in any gold at a loss. 👍🏻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

I bought by physical gold in May/June at about £1450. Worth more now and if you believe the hype it will go to £3000 even £15000 in the event of hyper inflation. Its a risk as there is every eventuality it will turn around, but I can't see it dipping below £1,200 for a very long time, if ever. Silver is another matter as its only a few quid and that has the potential of going a lot higher (some say £200, I would say £50). I still limit my silver to £20 a coin & gold at£1400 a coin, so am buying mining stocks instead as its better value for money in the short term now. I will probably sell out of them if or when they hit highs & buy cheap quality dividend stocks. 

Archived