• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 libertad

riprattle

does anyone  with experience  k ow if the gold libertads will be reased this year? Does anyone here know what months  they have been released in previous years?

Also reverse proof and proof silver libertads?

Is covid holding up the mint?

• Founder & Administrator

Moved to the gold section as wasn’t a new release topic.

The new releases section is to list new / upcoming coin, with photos etc. Rather than for asking questions.

Questions relating to gold coins can be paired in the gold section :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

6 hours ago, riprattle said:

does anyone  with experience  k ow if the gold libertads will be reased this year? Does anyone here know what months  they have been released in previous years?

Also reverse proof and proof silver libertads?

Is covid holding up the mint?

I would think so yes, no gold 2020 libertads have been released as of yet. I'm waiting for the 2020 coins also....

I don't believe that Covid has any real reason for the delayed release. The Mexicans are very peculiar with these coins, and best to keep "ear to the rail" as to what is going on for the year.

As readers may know, they frequently have unanticipated surprises:  I remember a couple years ago with a supposed limited quantity of a special two coin set of Silver Libertad with the reverse proof that they suddenly released another 500 of the coin. Other times, a "normal" year did not go normally and for whatever reason very few were minted. Also with the antique versions of the last couple of years, it seems that there is little interest. Also the Kilogram coins seem to play to a limited audience so even limited mintages don't seem to play to much effect.

Mintages of the gold proofs and uncirculated seem to also NOT follow any particular or predictable pattern. So who knows, with a late year release, these could be very common or not. It seems there is a queue for the one ounce silvers. If the gold goes unnoticed  (which I doubt), it could go high or low mintage also with no predictability. So Caveat emptor!

Hey man thanks for taking your time to expound upon your knowledge. Do these coins sell out the same day as far as you know?

I usually check the big sources every day. My fear is some whale will scoop them all up the very moment they land.

Archived