• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

from bank account saver to stacker

joequinn

hello everbody

so a little about myself and my journy from bank account saver to stacker. So when i went back to work after being furloughed i had to go back on a semi-permanent late shift as my wife was working from home in the day which meant i had the kids,then would go to work on my late shift. This led to me coming home after work drinking more than ever and watching youtube.this is when i came across mike maloneys hidden secrets of money(very interesting series)since watching i have researched all topics more and ultimatly i made my first investment in silver. My wife thinks ive lost the plot, as like me she was taught to spend less than we earnt and to save the rest in the bank. we still have our savings(the wife will not let me spend it) but now i spend what i would normally of saved on silver!!

Anybody got any recomendations of good documentarys on youtube about similar subjects that i can bore my wife to death with?

thanks for taking the time to read

joe

2 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

hi

save in gold, speculate with silver.

HH

Welcome, I agree with HH here. Great idea about saving in metals because the in the minuscule interest you get paid on cash in a bank gets wiped out by inflation every year, in fact you are losing money in savings.

You can exchange gold (or silver) for Currency in any country too 😉 

Sovereigns or Half Sovs is a good way into the gold ladder at a small premium. 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

• Founder & Administrator

Hello Joe, welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

i have heard this before but i am maybe speculating that the gold to silver ratio will come down again in the future with the gold price being at record highs and silver price still no way near.i could be wrong as like i say im new to investing in precious metals!i suspect the main reason ive not yet got my feet wet with gold is that im using my monthly savings to invest(would take a couple of months to save for gold)as my misses would kill me if i spent our savings😅

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived