• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Possible Royal Mail claim

Bluenitsuj

For those that have made a claim for a lost package, sent 1st class signed for, what would you advise saying was in the package (i am aware precious metals not covered) and what proof do they need. I think it is covered up to £50.

Parcel may still turn up but just seeking advice, and am aware that I will probably receive nothing back.

If you are asking what you should say to make a successful claim other than telling the truth that you posted something not covered and they find out then this is a proscecutable offence and fraud, FYI

You would not be untruthful if you said the items were collectable metal tokens, but if they are looking for proof of value they will likely need one of two things, a communication between you and the person you were sending it to to show what it was and what was paid (as well as proof it was actually paid for). Or, they will ask you to prove what you had sent was actually worth something by proving what you paid for it.

So, in either of those situations you would probably get unstuck with "collectable metal token" and it would not be paid out. 

Committing potential fraud over £50 insurance cover aint worth it in my opinion. I would leave it, write it off as a loss and hope it turns up one day. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

9 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

If you are asking what you should say to make a successful claim other than telling the truth that you posted something not covered and they find out then this is a proscecutable offence and fraud, FYI

You would not be untruthful if you said the items were collectable metal tokens, but if they are looking for proof of value they will likely need one of two things, a communication between you and the person you were sending it to to show what it was and what was paid (as well as proof it was actually paid for). Or, they will ask you to prove what you had sent was actually worth something by proving what you paid for it.

So, in either of those situations you would probably get unstuck with "collectable metal token" and it would not be paid out. 

Committing potential fraud over £50 insurance cover aint worth it in my opinion. I would leave it, write it off as a loss and hope it turns up one day. 

I certainly do not want to commit fraud so will take the hit but was just interested if there was anyway around it, which obviously there isn't. 

It may still turn up and is still within the 10 days of posting.

35 minutes ago, Bluenitsuj said:

I certainly do not want to commit fraud so will take the hit but was just interested if there was anyway around it, which obviously there isn't. 

It may still turn up and is still within the 10 days of posting.

Yeah I would just wait. With Covid things are taking a long time. 

One tip someone said to me was to go onto the royal mail website and with your tracking number book a redelivery - It might help the system catch up and find it. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

In my experience you can tell the RM whatever you want was in the package....Precious metals and money will not be covered, that includes historic coinage that is no longer legal tender.

You'll get a refund of the postage cost (in stamps) for 1st class signed for items (and a very valuable lesson) 😶

Archived