• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1oz Gold QB Greyhound of Richmond

Rll1288

mates rates on all Greyhound coins:

https://www.coininvest.com/en/search/?search_text=greyhound

coininvest.png

www.coininvest.com - coininvest GmbH

+44-20-369-50335 / +49-69-348-77570 / sales@coininvest.com

coininvest.com specializes in buying and selling gold and silver bars and coins to private individuals as well as institutional investors, financial advisors and resellers. coininvest.com helps their customers to invest in inflation-safe assets, with its offer ranging from 1g to 1000g gold bars topped off with all popular gold and silver coins. coininvest.com offers excellent prices as we purchase directly from mints and producers and act as their official distributor. coininvest.com is your expert for buying, selling, transporting, storing, insuring, sorting and reprocessing precious metals.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ravoma said:

Are you privy to the release date?

you can buy now, shipping starts in 10-14 days

coininvest.png

www.coininvest.com - coininvest GmbH

+44-20-369-50335 / +49-69-348-77570 / sales@coininvest.com

coininvest.com specializes in buying and selling gold and silver bars and coins to private individuals as well as institutional investors, financial advisors and resellers. coininvest.com helps their customers to invest in inflation-safe assets, with its offer ranging from 1g to 1000g gold bars topped off with all popular gold and silver coins. coininvest.com offers excellent prices as we purchase directly from mints and producers and act as their official distributor. coininvest.com is your expert for buying, selling, transporting, storing, insuring, sorting and reprocessing precious metals.

4 hours ago, coininvest said:

mates rates on all Greyhound coins:

https://www.coininvest.com/en/search/?search_text=greyhound

Good enough for me - couple of tubes and a spare in the bag.

Still found it incredibly difficult though paying £53.80 a coin when pretty much all of the others cost me between £28 and £38. Can't have it both ways though I suppose!

Here's hoping that in 6 months time I'm cursing having not bought 100 more tubes at this ridiculously low price (not that I could have lol).

Spoken with several individuals auragentum.de discounts are available larger purchases.

100x 1 ounce gold coin Queens Beasts White Greyhound 2021 1710 euros / Spend over 1 million Euros per year then price 1690 Euros (2.7%) above spot.

Ordered full tube of 10 coins from the European Mint and have locked in price 3.5% above spot fair price to pay in the current climate IMHO.

So, I will give my take on this design. 

As a dog person - and one that owns Lurchers (basically greyhound mixbreeds) I was looking forward to this coin a lot. 

Upon first glance it is not perfect. However, the more I look at it the more I enjoy this coin design and I will tell you why.

Some people have mentioned that the arched back and tail position looks like the dog is worried or anxious - and whilst this is a true observation it is actually not as cut and dry as that. This image is one that shows the dog in motion. If anyone has ever seen a greyhound/lurcher zooming around being a lunatic and bouncing around playing you will be familiar with this kind of position from the dog. In fact, the majority of times when throwing a ball for our dogs they will pivot on the spot like this with their back legs and then bounce off to chase it. 

So, for me this is actually a very good design. The head of the dog looks focused and pretty majestic in my opinion. The front legs and muscles are pretty accurate too - my dog pickle is basically the Jean Claude Van Damme of the dog muscle world and this is quite apt in the depiction of this coin. 

The only element I am not a fan of is the tummy. Greyhouds/lurchers are very slender and often struggle to keep weight on in that part of their body, and the angle looks to be a little off. 

To conclude.

Is it the best design in the series? No, there are better. Is it the worst? Not by a long shot. 

Do I like it - yes and I think it will compliment and finish off the series very well. 

There is only one way to know for sure, when it is in your hands and you can see the design and hopefully we can showcase them in person very soon!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

5 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

So, I will give my take on this design. 

As a dog person - and one that owns Lurchers (basically greyhound mixbreeds) I was looking forward to this coin a lot. 

Upon first glance it is not perfect. However, the more I look at it the more I enjoy this coin design and I will tell you why.

Some people have mentioned that the arched back and tail position looks like the dog is worried or anxious - and whilst this is a true observation it is actually not as cut and dry as that. This image is one that shows the dog in motion. If anyone has ever seen a greyhound/lurcher zooming around being a lunatic and bouncing around playing you will be familiar with this kind of position from the dog. In fact, the majority of times when throwing a ball for our dogs they will pivot on the spot like this with their back legs and then bounce off to chase it. 

So, for me this is actually a very good design. The head of the dog looks focused and pretty majestic in my opinion. The front legs and muscles are pretty accurate too - my dog pickle is basically the Jean Claude Van Damme of the dog muscle world and this is quite apt in the depiction of this coin. 

The only element I am not a fan of is the tummy. Greyhouds/lurchers are very slender and often struggle to keep weight on in that part of their body, and the angle looks to be a little off. 

To conclude.

Is it the best design in the series? No, there are better. Is it the worst? Not by a long shot. 

Do I like it - yes and I think it will compliment and finish off the series very well. 

There is only one way to know for sure, when it is in your hands and you can see the design and hopefully we can showcase them in person very soon!

At last, someone who actually knows Sighthound characteristics.  And this depiction of the Greyhound although not perfect, I agree BYB,  it is Majestic. 

Agreed also BYB on the chest and stomach areas of the design, the chest area depicted isn’t anywhere near as deep, elongated and as cavernous as on a Greyhound/ Lurcher/  Whippet (the breed I’m most familiar with) and the girth of the stomach is nowhere near as thin as in real life.  
Also, as you say BYB, the arched or ‘humped’ back is not uncommon when these magnificent animals are in action as can be seen in this slow motion clip:

At the end of the day though,  wasn’t Jody Clark’s remit to design a series of 10 heraldic mythical Queen’s Beasts- a take on the ones displayed in 1953 at Westminster Abbey for the Queen’s Corination? 

His depictions are in the main, very good in my opinion- the Falcon looks a bit out of place within the set, and the Bull- less said the better.  JC’s depictions of ‘real-life’ animals/ bird tend to get a bit of a pounding and critique, but I guess it’s difficult to criticise the characteristics he depicted of the Griffin, Dragon, Yale & Unicorn! 

23 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

At last, someone who actually knows Sighthound characteristics.  And this depiction of the Greyhound although not perfect, I agree BYB,  it is Majestic. 

Agreed also BYB on the chest and stomach areas of the design, the chest area depicted isn’t anywhere near as deep, elongated and as cavernous as on a Greyhound/ Lurcher/  Whippet (the breed I’m most familiar with) and the girth of the stomach is nowhere near as thin as in real life.  
Also, as you say BYB, the arched or ‘humped’ back is not uncommon when these magnificent animals are in action as can be seen in this slow motion clip:

At the end of the day though,  wasn’t Jody Clark’s remit to design a series of 10 heraldic mythical Queen’s Beasts- a take on the ones displayed in 1953 at Westminster Abbey for the Queen’s Corination? 

His depictions are in the main, very good in my opinion- the Falcon looks a bit out of place within the set, and the Bull- less said the better.  JC’s depictions of ‘real-life’ animals/ bird tend to get a bit of a pounding and critique, but I guess it’s difficult to criticise the characteristics he depicted of the Griffin, Dragon, Yale & Unicorn! 

Glad its not just me that feels this way!

I give it a score of 7/10 which is a very tidy score in my books. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

6 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Upon first glance it is not perfect.

I like dogs, but it's a lame animal (and design) to end a great series if you ask me. The Yale was flipping bad ass that would be better, or the Lion of Mortimer. shame they did not leave the Griffin till last as thats my favourite. The falcon is better than this, but it will be nice to conclude my collection. Is anyone doing a bulk buy of 10oz & 2oz as I will take three of each. :)

Archived