• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

WARNING - European Mint not allowing storage during Sept 2020

db570uk

I placed an order for 5 oz of silver yesterday with European Mint

I recieved an email this morning from European Mint  to say that all orders in storage will need to be shipped by 6th September

I wish this was publicised before I made the order. Just got my orders shipped out  from European Mint on Monday and thought

I would start a new set of orders. Not sure how this is supposed to work with people ordering lots of pre orders and wanting storage

until other pre order items come in stock. Will now have to order more oz of silver to make the cost of shipping 5 oz worthwhile.

Just wondering if they could hold 5 oz for me in their pocket till October :)

Arghhhhh!!!!

Dave

"Dear Customer

due to a change of management board, the storage option will be suspended starting from 6th of September The storage

option should be reinstated after October. We will keep you updated. We kindly ask you to reply to ths email to confirm

the shipping of your storage. Please include your order numbers, name, address and phone number, as soon as possible, but not later

tyhan 7th September

Best Regards

European Mint

Thank You

Thats right, last night when made the order , the option to store was available on checkout

This morning recieved the email to say that I would need to pay for shipping by 7th Sept as all orders on storage need to be shipped by then

Not sure if anyone else recieved this email or only me?

39 minutes ago, db570uk said:

Thats right, last night when made the order , the option to store was available on checkout

This morning recieved the email to say that I would need to pay for shipping by 7th Sept as all orders on storage need to be shipped by then

Not sure if anyone else recieved this email or only me?

Everyone got the message. 

It is all legit and for good reasons, I cannot say more than that at this time. 

It is unfortunate that this will affect some customers - it was never going to be easy for the EU mint to enact this update. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 minute ago, db570uk said:

Hi BYB

Thanks for letting me know. I never saw the message unfortunately. Was it on the forum?

Kind Regards
Dave

No, they just communicated via emails to all customers that had items in storage. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 hour ago, MrTT said:

So, will you guys continue to buy from the EM next year ?

You will have to pay 20% VAT on all your silver, right ?

I think I would for large silver orders even with the VAT as European Mint get Silver Britannia stock . Looking to buy as much silver before brexit and then focus on increasing gold holding.

Archived