• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I can't find silvertrader.uk in the directory to review

Katie
Message added by ChrisSilver

If you wish to leave a review for Silver Trader please leave a review in the Dealer Directory listing here:

Hi guys. I can't seem to find this dealer anywhere to drop a review. When I first bought from him I wasn't too sure but I've had nothing but great experiences since. I see others in here are saying good stuff, too. Maybe they are there I'm just blind or maybe there's a reason they're not but if there's a place I can put a review can someone let me know please? :)

On another note I'm gonna buy another premium and I can't decide between the Canadian Kraken or the Tokelau Chronos Panta Rhei. What's everyone's opinion on these two? If anyone has both, which one is fancier? 🧐

• Founder & Administrator

Feel free to make a new dealer directory listing in the dealer directory section if you wish https://www.thesilverforum.com/dealerdirectory/ 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

I didn't see that at the bottom of the page that's embarrassing. Thanks :)

Bottom of the page if browsing on a mobile device.

It is here (please see screenshot) for those who are browsing on a desktop. All Premium Members can add a dealer directory listing :) this helps to ensure that listings submitted are likely genuine precious metals companies. 

Screenshot 2020-08-28 at 15.32.11.png

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Unless you have a solid foundation stack and have money to burn I would recommend cheapest bullion (as long as it's lovely to receive something special)...the storm is approaching and the best thing to hold is the most recognisable silver bullion coins or bars in your home country (all imvho).

:)

2 hours ago, Tickety said:

I am a fan of Silvertrader also, Martin has great customer service and his prices are very fair, I don't buy from overseas as I only buy a few oz a month  so it is not worth it for me to pay international postage. 

2 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

I've used him as well sware he even sent me a tiny magnet as well 

I've put the dealer on here now if you guys wanna add your feedback. I got the magnet, too. It was pretty neat and handy.

2 hours ago, kimchi said:

Unless you have a solid foundation stack and have money to burn I would recommend cheapest bullion (as long as it's lovely to receive something special)...the storm is approaching and the best thing to hold is the most recognisable silver bullion coins or bars in your home country (all imvho).

:)

I'm building a nice foundation of britannias etc as recommended by many as well as yourself. Thanks for giving that advice, though. It's always handy to hear it. Especially when you're looking through all the pretty coins out there :D. Keeps your feet on the ground.

Silvertrader popped my silver stacking cherry many years ago, I was nervous about investing as I didnt want to buy fakes more than pay over the odds, I first used/ contacted him on ebay as I knew I would be protected more with paypal if I had to return stuff, he was superb in explaining to me how to spot fakes, sent links to official sites that had vids and information and really got me up to speed and helped remove my trepidation to stacking, he is a great guy to talk to and I will always use him first even if a slightly cheaper dealer is available because I know it will be a trouble free transaction, the items will be as described, very very well packaged (can use one of his parcels for a kids party pass the parcel) , I only buy from him now for presents for my daughter, my daughter is the big stacker now of bullion and she buys a lot from him,  just a real shame he is no longer on here.

15 hours ago, Katie said:

I've put the dealer on here now if you guys wanna add your feedback. I got the magnet, too. It was pretty neat and handy.

Thanks Katie, I've happily left a review :)

@SILVERFINGER that's a great review mate, you should post it on the thread!  You make a great point which is often not mentioned on here - that many of us are loyal to a handful of UK dealers even if they are a little bit more at times (not always the case, especially with the shipping from Europe!) and especially when they offer that really personal service that goes over and above.

15 hours ago, Katie said:

I'm building a nice foundation of britannias etc as recommended by many as well as yourself. Thanks for giving that advice, though. It's always handy to hear it. Especially when you're looking through all the pretty coins out there :D. Keeps your feet on the ground.

Great to hear from a stacker/collector! That was just my general advice really to anyone as of now. Actually because of current prices I think there's a good case to be made for paying that bit extra on 'winning' collector coins if they can be bought for a similar £/$ premium to in the past, because if the premium is still similar on new releases (I don't know as I haven't checked) it's actually less of a % price extra than it was.

I don't know the coins you mention though, I'm probably out the loop. I started 4 years ago and gave up 'collector coins' in general last year, there were just too many releases and few will make it worthwhile financially, but there are other gains like pleasure, diversity of collection that do make things far more interesting. I'm not particularly fond of their new series in general but Perth Mint stuff is always a fairly safe bet, I do like the Emus. Superior quality and encapsulated Brits like the Oriental Border are doing well.

Sorry this is probably going off-topic now, but I actually take the contrarian view. If I had the time I would be cashing in almost all my premium silver right now (all but my beloved Kooks, fear not @Kookaburracollector!) and putting it into bullion (because of what I think is coming soon, certainly within our lifetimes I see a time when the vast majority of collector coins will carry little to no premium in a practical sense - though a collector market of some sort may remain - and in fact just be harder to verify than a simple Brit, say).

The good news (all again imvho!) is that I see the silver price/purchasing power eclipsing even the price of many 'collector' coins as of now, but that may be where CGT comes in (maybe even on British coins if silver becomes that valuable and the Govt removes the CGT-free status).

Good wishes :)

1 hour ago, SILVERFINGER said:

I would mate but that sections for paying users only ;)

Oh wow :wacko:

Mind if I quote your review there and link back to this thread? I think it was a really well-written review which perfectly summed up this particular dealer (in my own experience).

Credit where it's due, always, and you're a long-term member that many of us have had personal dealings with, have got to know well, and are very much trusted on here :)

23 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Oh wow :wacko:

This is to help prevent fake users from joining the forum and leaving fake reviews for companies and helps to ensure all reviews are likely from genuine customers/members. The setting is a per user group setting, so it isn't possible to make any exceptions on a per user basis. But members are free to purchase Premium Membership and leave a review for a company or submit a new dealer directory listing should they wish :) 

Discounts / Offers

1 minute ago, ChrisSilver said:

This is to help prevent fake users from joining the forum and leaving fake reviews for companies and helps to ensure all reviews are likely from genuine customers/members. The setting is a per user group setting, so it isn't possible to make any exceptions on a per user basis. But members are free to purchase Premium Membership and leave a review for a company or submit a new dealer directory listing should they wish

I think that the all the time and posts made on here over the years have proved I am not fake user or reviewer.

28 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Mind if I quote your review there and link back to this thread? I think it was a really well-written review which perfectly summed up this particular dealer (in my own experience).

Credit where it's due, always, and you're a long-term member that many of us have had personal dealings with, have got to know well, and are very much trusted on here

Sure knock yourself out mate.

I've used silver trader a few times and agree - 1) really really fast to process orders - he must check his inbox constantly lol 2) really well packaged 3) prices included delivery 4) nice touch with the free magnet offer although i guess you only need that once.  Only thing missing is more stock and variety - I check his site often and if he had more I'd probably order more but i guess that depends on lots of other things going on and risk of holding too much stock.  10/10 from me - and I also can't post on the directory listing because I'm a new freeloading member here :)

17 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

I think that the all the time and posts made on here over the years have proved I am not fake user or reviewer.

Absolutely! I'm personally willing to vouch on my Gold Member account for you, you're a good member here and well-trusted and lots of us know you to some extent personally :)

@dangelo great tips on using his site, thanks! I always think the free magnet is worth it, can never have too many! Especially when teaching the young 'uns in the family about not just the worth of silver but the lovely coins, and how to spot fakes. Cheers!

43 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

I never said that you were. Please re-read the following line:

The setting is a per user group setting, so it isn't possible to make any exceptions on a per user basis.

Should you have any issues please send me a private message.

6.3.2. TSF is not a place to discuss TSF itself. Any issues or problems that members have about TSF, or improvements or suggestions they wish to submit, can be sent in a private message directly to @ChrisSilver

https://www.thesilverforum.com/guidelines/

Discounts / Offers

We would be grateful if free members could support the forum with Premium Membership, rather than trying to circumvent the forum set up and try to use this topic to leave reviews for a company. Premium Membership helps us to grow the forum. 

There is a Dealer Directory here on TSF, where Premium Members can leave reviews. 

Discounts / Offers

If you wish to leave a review for Silver Trader please leave a review in the Dealer Directory listing here:

Discounts / Offers

Archived