• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How many folks stack precious metals?

adamantio999

I am asking a question for which an accurate answer probably does not exist. Let's assume a "western country", like the UK, but it could be the USA, Germany or France. And let's not take into account just investors but "normal people". What's the percentage of the population stacking precious metals?

3 minutes ago, adamantio999 said:

I am asking a question for which an accurate answer probably does not exist. Let's assume a "western country", like the UK, but it could be the USA, Germany or France. And let's not take into account just investors but "normal people". What's the percentage of the population stacking precious metals?

IMHO! in the UK - less than 0.000025 % of the population ! 😉👍

Bert Wert Duz Aye NO!? 😉👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Normal people do not stack precious metal. i can't understand how you thought otherwise.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

36 minutes ago, adamantio999 said:

Don't know anyone in my circle of family or friends who stack. Thats not a bad thing at the moment as it allows myself to stack more,I would hope that in the future if even 3-5 got into it the price changes could be huge.

3 minutes ago, John79 said:

Don't know anyone in my circle of family or friends who stack. Thats not a bad thing at the moment as it allows myself to stack more,I would hope that in the future if even 3-5 got into it the price changes could be huge.

👍

Just now, tjneuron said:

I think probably 3% in the Southeastern Texas area, if the broad range of people I know are used as an example.  I have several friends who stack, but we're a bunch of weirdos, so there's that.

About "Bang on " buddy 👍

for the whole planet! as a percentage! -

SO what is the outcome if the "REST of the PLANET" decides it's time to "PLOW IN"! ??? IMHO!

diwali GIF

Most people in my family have some precious metal but that is very unusual.
i would say less than 1% in the UK collect metal other than bits of jewellery they have. In the Asian population there will be a much higher number - i would think nearly all families will have some gold in the form of jewellery.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Take a look at this, the Germans lead the way in "Western countries" for stacking:

https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/ronan-manly/the-vast-gold-hoards-held-germanys-population/#:~:text=Germans hold 4925 tonnes of,the form of gold jewellery.

The survey "found that an impressive 38% of German adults own physical investment gold in the form of gold bars or gold coins (26 million people)"

I saw a YouTube video the other day where a guy offered people the choice between a 1oz silver dollar or a 5 dollar note the amount of people that chose the note was nuts he also tried giving away a 1oz gold coin to random people if they could get within 50% of spot value not one person knew the price of gold its crazy how blinded the general public has become 

5 minutes ago, Robda1986 said:

I saw a YouTube video the other day where a guy offered people the choice between a 1oz silver dollar or a 5 dollar note the amount of people that chose the note was nuts he also tried giving away a 1oz gold coin to random people if they could get within 50% of spot value not one person knew the price of gold its crazy how blinded the general public has become 

Thats why it's going to be particularly brutal if the Currency Fails in the UK/Ireland IMHO. The people have no Money outside of the system and the Govt `reserves are awful in the UK and shameful in Ireland.

Just now, John79 said:

Thats why it's going to be particularly brutal if the Currency Fails in the UK/Ireland IMHO. The people have no Money outside of the system and the Govt `reserves are awful in the UK and shameful in Ireland.

"WORLDWIDE"Buddy 🤨😉👍 - thats the scary bit - just checkout this - - - > > https://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

BTW! Bert Wert duz Aye NO! ?😉👍🤣🤣🤣

37 minutes ago, Robda1986 said:

Mark Dice: 

9 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

"WORLDWIDE"Buddy 🤨😉👍 - thats the scary bit - just checkout this - - - > > https://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

BTW! Bert Wert duz Aye NO! ?😉👍🤣🤣🤣

Yep and that is just the published debt is the Trillions lost by the Pentagon amongst others accounted in that Figure? Having said that a good reserve of PM would help and the UK/Ireland is so poor in this regard.

8 hours ago, John79 said:

At least countries like say France, and even southern European countries not known for efficiency, are going to be able to spool up "National Bread" rations to keep people fed. The UK is probably the worst place in the world to be, as the govt hand out the bread rationing contract to a company founded last week by a friend of a friend with no farms and no farm contacts. Come January, the UK will be perhaps the only country in Europe with no guarantees of food supplies at all.

I met a couple of pals for a drink a few weeks ago. The subject somehow turned to silver coins. I about fell of my seat when one said he had put in a few orders to silver to go for tubes of ASE’s over the years. 

i reckon you’re more likely to know someone who wins big on the lotto in your lifetime than stacks pm’s. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

16 hours ago, Booky586 said:

Take a look at this, the Germans lead the way in "Western countries" for stacking:

https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/ronan-manly/the-vast-gold-hoards-held-germanys-population/#:~:text=Germans hold 4925 tonnes of,the form of gold jewellery.

The survey "found that an impressive 38% of German adults own physical investment gold in the form of gold bars or gold coins (26 million people)"

I don't believe this figure is really true. Germans will have considerably more than people from other countries because of the experience of hyperinflation, twice in the 20th century and they have many more PM shops than the UK. I think second in the Western World will be the US because they are distrustful of their government in an institutionalised way, in their constitution. But 38%? That must be the figure with jewellery. Germans are actually poorer than most people think, they have considerably less than peope of countries with a lower income, e.g. Italians (per median income, average too, I think). That is because taxes are so high in Germany.

17 hours ago, tjneuron said:

I think probably 3% in the Southeastern Texas area, if the broad range of people I know are used as an example.  I have several friends who stack, but we're a bunch of weirdos, so there's that.

I know a few people who have at least a bit of silver and gold or one of these metals and I don't mean jewellery like your wedding ring. But I know more red pilled people than the average, so I'm not representative.

I have never heard anyone in my life stacking metals. Did not know that existed. Until last year a friend from Belgium answered the question: where do I invest? He screamed: Bullion!   ...and thats how i caught the silver(gold) bug. 

My parents were "into" collecting coins, a few mercury dimes, lots of state quarters... my fascination was with old 1900s American coins growing up. I'm from the midwest. Grew up poor. The groups of people I'm around generally distrust the government, I've just taken things steps further than most people would. I expect negative things to happen with the worlds economies. I like to try and comfort myself into thinking I might have a handle on things for the future. I was surprised to learn a girl I work with sifting the cash recycler for silver coins lol. The few people I've talked with about gold and silver give me very blank stares essentially wondering why I even care. Im just crazy, putting all that money away instead of buying worthless consumer goods every week. It's a lonely world out here with my hoarde of coins and poured bars. People don't know what it is to save any more. Most people work really terrible jobs and have loads of debt, and never have any other way but behind. Silver is a foreign language of an old age. Just my opinion though. 

1 hour ago, Killerzen said:

My parents were "into" collecting coins, a few mercury dimes, lots of state quarters... my fascination was with old 1900s American coins growing up. I'm from the midwest. Grew up poor. The groups of people I'm around generally distrust the government, I've just taken things steps further than most people would. I expect negative things to happen with the worlds economies. I like to try and comfort myself into thinking I might have a handle on things for the future. I was surprised to learn a girl I work with sifting the cash recycler for silver coins lol. The few people I've talked with about gold and silver give me very blank stares essentially wondering why I even care. Im just crazy, putting all that money away instead of buying worthless consumer goods every week. It's a lonely world out here with my hoarde of coins and poured bars. People don't know what it is to save any more. Most people work really terrible jobs and have loads of debt, and never have any other way but behind. Silver is a foreign language of an old age. Just my opinion though. 

Well I’d rather be like us then. But I’ve always liked history so I’d rather stack historically valuable things rather than the latest fad items. 😉 

Archived