• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

50p collection

Any 50p guys out there? I have the entire 50p collection including kew gardens and all the Olympics. I'm considering selling them as a job lot as I have lost interest with them. 

Just wondering if anyone's seen a full collection sold before as a job lot and what kind of prices they sold for etc? 

Any help appreciated 

Chris 

Hi Chris,

Generally speaking the commemorative 50p’s are worth their face value.

An Original 2009 Kew and a Olympic Off Side rule are exceptions. Kew being the most valuable. It’s worth mentioning ebay is awash with fake Kews! 

My advice is pick out the coins with genuine value and bang the rest on ebay, 99p starting price, 7 day auction set to expire on a Sunday evening.

Sell the valuable coins individually

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

42 minutes ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

Hi Chris,

Generally speaking the commemorative 50p’s are worth their face value.

An Original 2009 Kew and a Olympic Off Side rule are exceptions. Kew being the most valuable. It’s worth mentioning ebay is awash with fake Kews! 

My advice is pick out the coins with genuine value and bang the rest on ebay, 99p starting price, 7 day auction set to expire on a Sunday evening.

Sell the valuable coins individually

Hi thanks for your reply and your advice. I was hoping to sell the lot as one and be done with them but I guess most collectors only need certain coins and wouldn't be interested in the rest 🤷🏻‍♂️ so yes selling the more sought after ones individually dose make sense. 

Thanks once again for your advice 

Chris 

37 minutes ago, cornishrich said:

I would be interested in some as my sister collect's the 50p's

Hi.. I have quite a lot of them spare if you know what your sister needs? Other than that I will put you at the top of my list when I come to sell the rest. 

Chris 

• 2 months later...

Regarding circulation 50p coins, does anyone know of a decent album that can be purchased in the UK that will hold approx 100 ?

My next door neighbour's son has them stored in a jar and want's to go " up market" so looking for something sturdy that won't fall apart.

On 01/11/2020 at 06:42, shawy2510 said:

I got them from a guy who won them so I have no idea where those got them from. They have long gone now though as they were to flip :D

Flipping jammy bastard is what I’d say. I need one for my collection....

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

On 02/11/2020 at 13:39, Fivepoundfred said:

Regarding circulation 50p coins, does anyone know of a decent album that can be purchased in the UK that will hold approx 100 ?

My next door neighbour's son has them stored in a jar and want's to go " up market" so looking for something sturdy that won't fall apart.

I've seen this onea few times on fb groups - https://cambridgeshirecoins.com/products/new-2020-50p-coin-collector-album-beatrix-kew-gruffalo-team-gb-peter-rabbit

Archived