• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

50 States quarters (USA)

Hello,

Backyard Bullion did a video on this a while ago , I just fell in love with it.

I am about to buy a map/book ( both a map and a book at the same time) just for the fun of it.

Does anyone collect them here ? is it easy to find ? I am thinking to buy this for myself and not for investment , and to do it with my son:)

As far as I understand they are not precious metal and they were in circulation , as I don't live in the US at all , i m wondering if they are easy to find anywhere on the internet. I d buy a map with 18 coins inside and then will look for all of them little by little.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/fifty-state-quarters-collectors-map-459527374  something like that.

Thank you

I dont know about the internet (probably could find them from a coin dealer?) but Ive got a can of various and they are fairly common here. There also error variants etc. If you cant really find anything let me know and maybe we can work something out.

20200824_143904[1].jpg

4 hours ago, Aknot said:

I dont know about the internet (probably could find them from a coin dealer?) but Ive got a can of various and they are fairly common here. There also error variants etc. If you cant really find anything let me know and maybe we can work something out.

20200824_143904[1].jpg

Thanks @Aknot Very much appreciated.

My goal is to have 1 of each ; doesn't matter the mint. If possible in decent state with a bit of a luster ; but I am struggling to understand if these coins were ever in circulation ?

11 hours ago, Toshunya86 said:

Thanks @Aknot Very much appreciated.

My goal is to have 1 of each ; doesn't matter the mint. If possible in decent state with a bit of a luster ; but I am struggling to understand if these coins were ever in circulation ?

Mine? Yes they were.

• 2 months later...

I have a good amount. they are easy to find unless you want prime specimen...these can go for thousands in ms70.......

regular circulation is easy I have most or could help you put if you needed. 

I'm sure if you ask around you could get help.

MintedAuAg

• 3 weeks later...

I was in the States last year and found that most of the quarters i came across were commemorative....

I saved about $15 dollars worth and had them stacked up on a cabinet in my hotel room. I was not very happy when, after a day out, i came back to the room to find the quarters gone and a 'thank you' note left in their place. Top Tip; do not leave your spare shrapnel were it can be misconstrued as being a tip for the chambermaid...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived