• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Preparing for a stock market crash?

Some experts are warning that a stock market crash is imminent and should be expected around the US elections in October. So, being not much the wiser even after watching these videos, should I be pulling my money out of my investments before their value crashes, or should I not worry about it and ride out the storm? Would it be better to sell-up now and buy back in during the crash?

Is Another Stock Market Crash Coming? - PensionCraft.

Volatile Selloffs expected before 10K gold and 300 silver - David Hunter.

Why do you think the markets will collapse ?
Most have already taken a bit of a battering but the population still needs food, medicine, cars, energy and the population is also expanding globally with many more customers also requiring these things. Many funds are diversified and trade Internationally so if the USA hits the breaks it doesn't automatically kill Asia and China. The markets might take a hit but if they do and the prices fall that might be the perfect opportunity to buy stocks and funds and hope in the next 5 years they will recover with handsome profits. There are highly paid "experts" already working on this and fund managers will do their stuff. Good advice is to ensure you do not have to force sell funds to pay your bills over the next 6 months, so always keep accessible / safe money ( premium bonds for example ) that you could use to survive over 1 - 2 years during volatile times depending on your attitude to risk.

1 hour ago, HerculeHolmes said:

Some experts are warning that a stock market crash is imminent and should be expected around the US elections in October. So, being not much the wiser even after watching these videos, should I be pulling my money out of my investments before their value crashes, or should I not worry about it and ride out the storm? Would it be better to sell-up now and buy back in during the crash?

Is Another Stock Market Crash Coming? - PensionCraft.

Volatile Selloffs expected before 10K gold and 300 silver - David Hunter.

IMHO- unless your in "specific" Defensive stocks - GET the H£$K out and go to CASH! at the very least!

MARKETS can go a little "higher" before the same sentiment  YOU are showing (WORRY) hits the rest of the "managers"  and then guess! where its Headed!?

More "DOWNSIDE" is likely than "UPSIDE"! - 

ALL IMHO! 😉👍

"Bert wert duz AYE NO! 😉👍

Interesting picture here, a lot of interest in gold;

Hargraves Lansdown top 10 ETF's based on client holdings;

iShares plc Core FTSE 100 UCITS ETF (Dist) 594.2p No change -0.17%
WisdomTree Physical Gold (GBP) 14,095.00p No change 0.29%
Vanguard Funds plc S&P 500 UCITS ETF USD(GBP) £49.1763 No change 0.88%
iShares Physical Metals plc Physical Gold ETC 2,900.5p No change 0.26%
iShares plc FTSE UK Dividend 566.1p No change -0.53%
Vanguard Funds plc FTSE 100 UCITS ETF GBP £26.69 No change -0.18%
Vanguard Funds plc FTSE 250 UCITS ETF £27.525 No change 0.31%
WisdomTree Physical Gold $184.04 No change -0.45%
XBT Provider Bitcoin Tracker Euro €474.3 No change -0.64%
iShares plc FTSE 250

BARCLAYS most popular ETF

Top 10 purchases: 14 August - 20 August

Rank Name % EPIC 1 ISHARES CORE FTSE100 UCITS ETF GBP(DIST) 12.44% ISF 2 VANGUARD FTSE 100 UCITS ETF 6.98% VUKE 3 L&G FTSE 100 SUPER SHORT STRATEGY 4.09% SUK2 4 VANGUARD S&P 500 UCITS ETF 3.24% VUSA 5 INVESCO EQQQ NASDAQ 100 UCITS ETF 3.24% EQQQ 6 ISHARES GLOBAL CLEAN ENERGY ETF USD (DIST) 3.07% INRG 7 VANECK VECTORS GOLD MINERS A SHARES 2.90% GDGB 8 VANECK VECTORS JNR GOLD MINERS A SHARES 2.56% GJGB 9 ISHARES GOLD PRODUCERS ETF USD (ACC) 2.39% SPGP 10 L&G FTSE 100 LEVERAGED (DAILY 2X) 2.21% LUK2

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/08/2020 at 17:34, HerculeHolmes said:

Some experts are warning that a stock market crash

I would not call the pension craft guy an expert! I have chatted to him one to one, nice guy but he is not a messiah & a bit old school - he is just trying to make some money on Youtube as far as I can see. I considered his power hour, but he knows very little about stocks outside of bonds & really safe stuff like index funds. Now is the time to take a few risks as you will kick yourself in 3 years time. 

I am new to this so cant really help much, but do you have a list of stocks you own as that would be good to see. I would be very much monitoring any technical stocks (Apple) & put in a stop loss if things look a bit dodgy (ie like the drop thats happening now) If i had Tesla stocks that would have been sold about a month back personally, even if it continued to rise!!! As Buffet says be fearful when people are greedy. I feel that some serious Nasdaq bargains are around the corner, I think another lockdown will happen next flu season (Feb 2021), but thats a guess. So much so I am hopefully drawing out £70k to invest in aristocrat dividends & the big tech players that have a future (ie not Apple) if it all tanks. Air B&B also if that goes PLC by then!

If you own hard core stocks that have a lot of history (ie P&G) I would not really be too concerned. Erm the commodes are set to really out perform everything so if you have stocks in agriculture or mining, I would personally be adding to the position, especially gold & silver mining. Oil is at bargain prices also. If you have a tired portfolio, I would be looking towards future stuff, like 5g, cloud computing, AI & space. Thats just my opinion. :)

Archived