• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Black Flag Series coins

1 hour ago, fehk2001 said:

LPM seems cheapest at the moment, 29-31 pounds depends on how many u are getting 

I just checked shipping to the UK £71 😲 , cheap coins though. 

27 minutes ago, Witcher said:

I have no clue.  The gold was also not available. 
If the 1 oz is $50, I cannot imagine how much the 5 oz will be.... $350?  $400? 

I don't like this online dealer trend of crazier than hell premiums on 5 oz or 10 oz when we are use to lower on larger sizes. 

I think they justify it by the much lower mintage #s, I think the last 5 oz versions only had like 500 made?  Last time I bought the 5 oz. coins they were around 250~260 USD, but that was when silver was only like 16 or 17 an ounce I think.  

38 minutes ago, Witcher said:

sorry, but APMEX crushed your hope. 

The forum said that you posted your comment 2 hours ago....  I bought a few not long after they officially released it... within minutes. 
Even then it was $49 USD.  
I just looked now... it is $49.99 any quantity.  
So as far as I know, they only raised it $1 and eliminated the tiers.  
I never saw it remotely close to $40. 

I know how they work... and if this is their intro price, it only means they will want more.
Personally, I think it is gouging.  They jacked this up knowing full well that 2019 and 2020 versions did well on the secondary market. 
I do not believe that this will do as well.  It's my least favorite of the obverse and still a damn Queen on the reverse.  
Shame on you APMEX... once again!
https://www.apmex.com/product/226798/2021-tuvalu-1-oz-silver-black-flag-the-red-flag-fleet

image.png.df131bc46eb89848cbf74f30456326e7.png

That was the credit card price, which is always a few dollars higher, than the ACH transfer price.   I placed this order at 8:51 AM Pacific Standard Time (US west coast)  🤷‍♂️

36 minutes ago, Witcher said:

Are you saying that they started the price closer to $35? 

The starting price with wire transfer payment was smth like 39.9, I saw it on Apmex but didn't screenshot. But I saw it just by coincedence, the e-mail alert came much later, and it's quite usual for alerts - by the time you get it, the coin could have be on sale for several hours.

7 hours ago, Derv said:

I just checked shipping to the UK £71 😲 , cheap coins though. 

i dont think anyone is paying 71 pounds shipping here 😁 at least i dont

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

On 02/03/2021 at 06:20, Witcher said:

sorry, but APMEX crushed your hope. 

So I have noticed... but yeah, it's not as if they will get any cheaper from here on. So I bit the bullet and ordered two of the 1 oz silver Red Flags at Auragentum for € 49,90 a pop to keep the series complete, and I guess I will just eat stale bread and cup noodles for a few weeks... ;)

The first ones didn't came together. The second was released together and this time we have to wait again. But i'm not sure if i even want one this time. The Queen Anne's Revenge and the Royal Fortune are so much nicer coins than the Red Flag. Maybe i buy one only because i want the whole series. 

Edited by dikefalos

I've totally switched gears on precious metals, I used to be a stacker.  But now I'm a collector only, at this point I just want to have the whole set.  It would be weird to me to have the first 3  1 oz. coins but only the first 2 5 oz. coins 

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up for the UK - sales post going up later today for Perth Mint Black Flag #3 in case you still need it. 

🚩 Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/StackingUK . More content coming. Please Like & Subscribe.
Please be sure to FOLLOW me on The Silver Forum to not miss great deals or to just find that coin that got away. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard any word on the 5oz.?  I signed up for the "in stock alerts" but so far nothing.   Wasn't sure if there are other sources for this info that people might have gleaned information from.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...