• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Why would this be so expensive?

Aknot

1 minute ago, Aknot said:

Well it being Apmex (Ive never bought from them) one would assume they wouldnt be that blatant in being unscrupulous. I messaged them asking why..

I wonder if they’re out of stock and have inflated the price to put buyers off.  This is an old trick sellers would use to keep the listing live while waiting for more stock but don’t really need to do it these days as eBay allow out of stock listings to stay live indefinitely now.

Big firm yes, but doesn't say anything about their ethics - there's nothing honest or fair about selling blank one ounce rounds for triple the going rate!

To give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe it's a pricing algorithm issue? They might be down to their last few so the system has jacked the price up for something which is, in reality, completely vanilla and boring?

Yeah not to sound cheap... :D but im just looking generally for the cheapest 1 oz silver rounds so assumed blanks (or the blankest) would be the cheapest. Been looking for blanks then find it and was a bit shocked....

i wonder if they have been mispriced. Who in their right mind is going to pay that for them?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

9 hours ago, Aknot said:

Yeah not to sound cheap... :D but im just looking generally for the cheapest 1 oz silver rounds so assumed blanks (or the blankest) would be the cheapest. Been looking for blanks then find it and was a bit shocked....

🤔

Sounds cheap to me. 

😁

With everything going on right now, it's probably just a 'puter glitche"    I certainly wouldn't jump on it at that price, unless, down the road, you can convince someone at a show that it's "limited edison"😁     Looks like less than 123pieces left from a production run so I"m guessing "Limited edison"

Oh god I love canned answers.....

ME: Just for my own edification as I am new to this. Why is this item so expensive? I do understand "art" coins pull a premium but this is just blank.....

Thanks for your time.

THEM: Thank you for contacting APMEX. This is one of the special Silver Round that is plain from any design/stamps on one side so that customers can have this products to be engraved or customized anyway they wish. 

ME: Thanks for the reply.... I wanted to know why it was priced at over 85$ an ounce. Its obvious what it is. A generic blank round. I dont see the ability to have it engraved to make it that much over the cost of 1oz of silver where as "Art" rounds do.

and we shall see.... :D

And here is the reasoning:

"Thank you for contacting APMEX. The Blank Silver Rounds don’t often come across in our inventory. Due to the rarity, the premiums on these plain rounds are higher than other types."

1 hour ago, Aknot said:

And here is the reasoning:

"Thank you for contacting APMEX. The Blank Silver Rounds don’t often come across in our inventory. Due to the rarity, the premiums on these plain rounds are higher than other types."

Does that mean I can try and sell this for $500...it is a rare piece of paper not often found...it even has blue lines on it ready for writing...66009CFD-769E-42F8-83A2-F23982C070A9.png.40c986554ba2de9728ba1908371b7ca3.png

Just now, Aknot said:

Are the twigs included?

But of course...burn the tips and use as writing instrument.

Added 0 minutes later...
Just now, CadmiumGreen said:

But of course...burn the tips and use as writing instrument.

Rare writing twigs

1 hour ago, Aknot said:

I can see the premium on such an item.

Added 0 minutes later...

Hey fellow Virginian! (just noticed... im not always this slow)

Hey, buddy!! Was wondering how long before you noticed!😁 Great to see another Virginian on TSF! 

3 hours ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Does that mean I can try and sell this for $500...it is a rare piece of paper not often found...it even has blue lines on it ready for writing...66009CFD-769E-42F8-83A2-F23982C070A9.png.40c986554ba2de9728ba1908371b7ca3.png

This is a lovely and certainly rare piece of paper.
I don't think I have seen one like this before. It is unique.
While there may have been many similar produced, this looks special.
Have you considered getting it graded?

I have to ask the obvious question, is the picture of the Obverse or the reverse? It’s hard to tell.
Could you provide a photo of the other side?

I do think $500 is a good starting point for negotiation.
However, does this include shipping?
And would you ship to the UK?

3 minutes ago, JasonDavies said:

This is a lovely and certainly rare piece of paper.
I don't think I have seen one like this before. It is unique.
While there may have been many similar produced, this looks special.
Have you considered getting it graded?

I have to ask the obvious question, is the picture of the Obverse or the reverse? It’s hard to tell.
Could you provide a photo of the other side?

I do think $500 is a good starting point for negotiation.
However, does this include shipping?
And would you ship to the UK?

Why thank you...haven’t considered grading. Here is a photo of the obverse...

image.thumb.jpeg.b33d88be4319e7e6140829e3ec3677d8.jpeg

I would consider shipping to UK, free postage with other shipments I have going over!

Archived