• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

2 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I've bought the odd collectable or rare silver coin at well over that but as a standard britannia, maple, eagle etc.... I don't know if many would go for it. But then.... who knows, the world is a ever changing place. 

In all seriousness, I remember similar conversations when silver went to $10 an ounce, whose going to be buying at that price? Soon followed by, "whose going to buy maples/eagles at £20 a pop?"

3 minutes ago, dmcac said:

I bet a lot more people would be buying at 49 than at current prices even here. Demand would explode, the forum new members number would explode. 

Everyone should know by now that is something going up that attracts people to jump in. 

Psychology makes us buy on the way up instead on the way down, cheap, suppressed and hated. 

That's why PM investors are often seen as contrarian investors depending on the period of time and allocations. 

Agreed there would be an influx of newbies ready to exploit for people on here same happened last time about 12 months ago then a month later everyone selling their newly acquired bars at smackdown 

Not something I like to see personally happening to people 

No one in their right mind experienced in pms would buy silver at 49 an ounce as an investment or storage of wealth 

To flip and make profit maybe hey I might even join in I've been bummed enough times on here 

8 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Agreed there would be an influx of newbies ready to exploit for people on here same happened last time about 12 months ago then a month later everyone selling their newly acquired bars at smackdown 

No one in their right mind experienced in pms would buy silver at 49 an ounce as an investment or storage of wealth 

To flip and make profit maybe hey I might even join in I've been bummed enough times on here 

Would you buy some today at £45? Get ahead of the game😂

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Based on the ratio alone between gold and silver, which should be around 15:1, those prices are still extremely low. I agree that once demand for silver peaks, it will explode. Particularly when you tie in industrial demand increasing, a waining amount of mining, impending economic crisis - to which most of the public don't realise their money isnt safe. Yes, sillver will explode, right up until fiat eats its own tail. Then its value will be based against itself and not against fake promise to pay notes.

37 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

I was one of them more than 2 years ago 😂 but I'm glad I kept studying and accumulating the whole time. 

I wouldn't say that about experienced in PM not buying at 49 we never know what cheap will be in years to come it's all measured in fiat currency and that we know there's only one way which is debasement. 

Fiat currency = 💩

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Would you buy some today at £45? Get ahead of the game😂

I've decided to do the decent thing and undercut @James32 (I know, I know, hold your applause for my most generous altruism - I shall bravely take one for the team here).

£44.99/oz is my modest and fair price; @HerefordBullyun, can I interest your good self in some 1oz 2020 Britannia's? I'll do you a special deal, just for you: £44.69/oz; what an incredible bargain!

The inferior man argues about his rights, while the superior man imposes duties upon himself.

He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Every act of beauty is a revolt against the modern world.

5 minutes ago, Lyrinn said:

I've decided to do the decent thing and undercut @James32 (I know, I know, hold your applause for my most generous altruism - I shall bravely take one for the team here).

£44.99/oz is my modest and fair price; @HerefordBullyun, can I interest your good self in some 1oz 2020 Britannia's? I'll do you a special deal, just for you: £44.69/oz; what an incredible bargain!

If they 999 fine gold i will take a full tube or if they are silver come and see me in 2080 I maybe interested then..... 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

1 hour ago, spookyandroid said:

Based on the ratio alone between gold and silver, which should be around 15:1

Who says it should be?

It has been in the past, but, for reasons often discussed on this forum, there is no intrinsic reason for it to return to those historical levels.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 hours ago, Leonmarsh said:

Problem is if silver went to the moon who would buy it at 49 an ounce 

Can you imagine trying to sell it on here lol 

I would think even dealers would be hesitant at spot at 49 as one inevitably as it always does silver will be bummed hard back down again 

For context sovs a couple of years ago were 250 and I remember dealers getting squeamish over the price thinking it wouldn't hold their now 100 quid more and people will rip your arm off for a sov at 350 people will pay the fair market value for anything and if silver hits 48 per oz they'll be chewing your arm off for it 

1 minute ago, Robda1986 said:

For context sovs a couple of years ago were 250 and I remember dealers getting squeamish over the price thinking it wouldn't hold their now 100 quid more and people will rip your arm off for a sov at 350 people will pay the fair market value for anything and if silver hits 48 per oz they'll be chewing your arm off for it 

Maybe so I'm usually wrong 

14 minutes ago, Paul said:

So make of that what you will  

Silver is cheap?

Love spread sheets... wish I had the patience for that kind of detail 🤗

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

nope for the past 10 years the price of a physical 1oz silver coin has not really fluctuated to much at all to be fair. 

That spot price we seem to be fixated by has gone up and down like a prozzies knicks 

I don't get why anyone on here even bothers with the spot price for silver. We all know it bears no resemblance to reality at all.

2 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Is that the "my total life spreadsheet"
I love the tab "retire"😃 How's it looking?🤩

30% is in the not to be touched until retirement fund in safe deposit box

. The rest of the stack is always on sale if the price is right 

If there's 5 or 10% profit to be made today, there'll be person needing to sell something in a hurry tomorrow.

Rinse and repeat

Donewell using this mindset 

On 04/11/2022 at 23:35, Paul said:

30% is in the not to be touched until retirement fund in safe deposit box

. The rest of the stack is always on sale if the price is right 

If there's 5 or 10% profit to be made today, there'll be person needing to sell something in a hurry tomorrow.

Rinse and repeat

Donewell using this mindset 

Wonga says paul needs to be holding more than 3g of silver 😃

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/youre-absolute-fraud-cme-ceo-terry-duffy-recalls-first-meeting-sam-bankman-fried-march-2022

Bet Sam thought the same!

"You're An Absolute Fraud": CME CEO Terry Duffy Recalls First Meeting Sam Bankman-Fried In March 2022

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/