• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

My friend has a sub to Maguire and he tells me that this is what he said this evening "There is little doubt that even in the face of bullish or bearish crosses, the refiner production constraints we have reported last Monday, are beginning to filter through  in both Gold and especially Silver are forcing COT’s to buy to cover EFP delivery demand."

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

cashed out today just to err on the side of caution.

Yeah something does not add up. I cashed out of LODE Comstock just now - dumpling down as we speak as per the other ones as well. 
Reeks of bored crypto trading twats & day traders in on the action as the gains dont reflect the spot IMO. 
Can on ly be a good thing as we can join in & pick up cheap stocks when they inevitably get bored and move on. ;) 
If more people start buying physical & the stocks keep getting hammered then we could see another squeeze, like last year! 

1 hour ago, Robda1986 said:

I'm thinking it's people pulling their funds out of crypto

I think this is definitely the case, combined with money managers making allocations & the metals are the best bet now IMO, especially gold. 
Its been proved we are now in a bear market especially with the tech sector, so mining is possibly one of the best defensive plays especially with dividends and promise of explosive upside. 
This is golds year I think possibly the best performing asset. Been saying that for months, but now I am starting to see the evidence.  ;) 

Edited by Stacktastic

6 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

I'm thinking it's people pulling their funds out of crypto looking at the beating that's taken over the last month and choosing silver over gold due to the ratio being so far out of wack 

No one is taking funds out of highly liquid crypto, with all the volatile gains, to put in low liquidity metal.  It just isn't the same risk profile at all. 

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Silver just broke the £18 barrier.....anyone else picking out cars in their head?😁

That's a nice idea but better be quick, the price of new cars is rising too!  :lol:  Price of scrap cars is right up again as well.  You can get £350 for an old banger, and that's with them picking it up!

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

1 minute ago, silversky said:

That's a nice idea but better be quick, the price of new cars is rising too!  :lol:  Price of scrap cars is right up again as well.  You can get £350 for an old banger, and that's with them picking it up!

🤣🤣 very true!!

Probably get to the stage we are able to board the rocket ship " just can't afford the bloody fuel" 😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

12 minutes ago, silversky said:

You can get £350 for an old banger, and that's with them picking it up!

My old banger cost me more than 350, she moaned like hell couldnt cook and hated housework. I scrapped her after 5 years and im still paying for it in maintenance.

If its got T1ts and wheels you know you have problems. 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Quick poll.

When do people think the spot price will exceed last year's high?  First, second, third or fourth quarter?  5th option "not this year" :lol:

My guess is that it's going to be before the end of this first quarter.  I'm seeing inflation everywhere and I don't think anything (silver included) can continue for much longer without being affected.

5 minutes ago, silversky said:

Quick poll.

5th option "not this year" :lol:

7th quarter 😁 May so 2nd Qtr

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

My money is on 2nd quarter!! 

Why you ask?? Because that's when all my bank loans are due 🤣

Good you can send me the coins for my birthday and declare yourself bankrupt

Edited by HerefordBullyun

2 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Good you can send me the coins for my birthday and declare yourself bankrupt

The knowledge on here is amazing.....that's my retirement plan sorted thanks @HerefordBullyun

We should put everything we buy from now on  ( on your credit cards) we only make minimum payments for the next 10 years ( or whenever silver hits £19 an oz, whichever comes first)

sell the lot and declare you bankrupt ( genius part ) head to Blackpool and go on the lash for a couple weeks, maybe even ask @LawrenceChard to join us ( he's bound to have a few Bob and we can pretend we are skiers too ) 

That's as far as I got really 🤷‍♂️

Just now, James32 said:

The knowledge on here is amazing.....that's my retirement plan sorted thanks @HerefordBullyun

We should put everything we buy from now on  ( on your credit cards) we only make minimum payments for the next 10 years ( or whenever silver hits £19 an oz, whichever comes first)

sell the lot and declare you bankrupt ( genius part ) head to Blackpool and go on the lash for a couple weeks, maybe even ask @LawrenceChard to join us ( he's bound to have a few Bob and we can pretend we are skiers too ) 

That's as far as I got really 🤷‍♂️

I like the idea but lets buy all @LawrenceChard's bullion on his credit cards. I dont have any credit on me and definately not on TSF. We split to bullion in my favour 95% to your 5% and will take you for a pint in linakers bar and pull you a nice fat blackpool lass to take you dancing in the ballroom up the tower. Whilst you are having a time of your life I will inhale beer and eat fish n chips with Mr C....

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I like the idea but lets buy all @LawrenceChard's bullion on his credit cards. I dont have any credit on me and definately not on TSF. We split to bullion in my favour 95% to your 5% and will take you for a pint in linakers bar and pull you a nice fat blackpool lass to take you dancing in the ballroom up the tower. Whilst you are having a time of your life I will inhale beer and eat fish n chips with Mr C....

Scrap your plan ( a little hardcore for me ) .....we could just move to Blackpool and and annoy @LawrenceChard until he employed us, then secretly work our way into his will??

21 minutes ago, silversky said:

This just in from Moneyweek.  Inflation is clearly on the rise, and I don't for one second believe that it's just wage growth.

image.png.1fa2ffdf37ae2960b336a19dc3cea215.png

Our company is trying to lock us in for next year's rise as well. Currently offering 3% and 2% next year. Sneaky

1 minute ago, Bigmarc said:

Our company is trying to lock us in for next year's rise as well. Currently offering 3% and 2% next year. Sneaky

Very sneaky but it probably won't help them.  They think it will, but it won't unless inflation dies tomorrow.  The board might think it looks good when they tell investors that their wage bill has been cleverly hedged out to two years, but on the ground, they'll run into all sorts of serious problems with qualified staff bailing out.  If people elsewhere are negotiating 14% pay rises this year, 3+2 over two years isn't going to cut it.

A few years ago, I had an employer suddenly offer an additional pay rise later in the same year.  They found that their last deal over two years had left them very uncompetitive.  They couldn't attract a single one of the urgently needed new staff for expansion and were losing staff instead.  An emergency double digit deal was brought in with immediate effect plus a loyalty increment for existing staff.  Lots of happy people after that.

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

We have discussed this before. They are hidden in his piano. It’s why when it’s being played there is always a dull thud from the Middle C.

😂😂 really need to keep my reactions for night time🙈