• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

5 minutes ago, seasidestacker said:

does anyone else think that the manipulation has stopped and silver is just reaching for its natural level ? 

It can always be manipulated - it's called 'naked short selling'. Though, they can be burned by this is the actual demand outstrips what they can 'naked short sell' if that makes sense.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53675467

BOE boss backs end of furlough. What about 2nd wave. No consideration given there.

When this stops it's going make it worse more poverty. The benefits system will be over subscribed.... interest rates going negative. It's one toxic mess!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

9 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

The USD as a world currency is losing its appeal, thirty year yields are c**p and stocks are too volatile

USD and US stocks will come under massive pressure in the coming months. The democrats have been taken over by radicals who, in my view, will seriously damage the US economy, culture and society. If Trump wins then many democratic supports won't accept it given the polls and they'll be mass disorder, particularly if he wins the electoral collage vote and losses the popular vote by a big margin. 

I think precious metals have some way to go.

It is a strange world when Trump is more left than the Democrats in policies as the Democrats’ only raison d’etre is to do and say the opposite of Trump, which makes it so so easy for Trump to make the Dems look stupid and anti democratic. Anyway, the usd is not in any particular bother right now despite the recent drop. And with all that, silver prices have risen....think about that for a second....

Edited by Oldun

6 minutes ago, Oldun said:

It is a strange world when Trump is more left than the Democrats in policies as the Democrats’ only raison d’etre is to do and say the opposite of Trump, which makes it so so easy for Trump to make the Dems look stupid and anti democratic. Anyway, the usd is not in any particular bother right now despite the recent drop. And with all that, silver prices have risen....think about that for a second....

In the words of trigger from only fools and horses 'so what you saying?' for the simpleton like me.

That when it does get in real bother, silver prices are going to soar like a golden Eagle?

Edited by kojak

Commodities are priced in dollars. When the dollar goes down, the price of commodities goes up. The US is currently happy to see the dollar drop for export purposes and also exports inflation to other countries by doing so.

Edited by Oldun

Anyone waiting for a pullback: ain't gonna happen anytime soon, sorry. Many people are only now realising how cheap silver is. And the geopolitical and macro-economical situations are not about to stabilize at least before the November US election. Add to this, many Americans are preparing for an apocalypse.

Most of you won't believe me, because it seem totally illogical, but there is a plan to collapse the US dollar and replace it with a one world currency (crypto). 

Don't believe me? Read this

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/49196326/silent-weapons-for-quiet-warspdf-version-stopthecrimenet

1 minute ago, Oldun said:

It is now quite likely that today’s run up is due to someone having gotten caught on the wrong side of the trade and having to buy their way out.

What do you think this means for the short term silver price?

Dont worry I won’t hold you to it.

Volatile. It seems that today is not “new” money coming in so I think once those caught have bought their way out, there may be some profit taking. But hey, don’t listen to me. My advice is not to short term trade silver right now. Stay away. Doesn’t mean any uptrend wont continue but the possibility of a violent downtick is increasing imho and any downtick will probably be a long distant memory this time next year.

Edited by Oldun

Soon people will click, the global economy has collapsed and we are in a reset. Gold and silver has kept value for millenia, the wise always knew this but now billions of people are scrambling to preserve their wealth before inflation kicks in, I reckon silver will hit 50 pounds an ounce in the  next few months.

Edited by Silverscrooge

5 hours ago, Bibbs said:

Most of you won't believe me, because it seem totally illogical, but there is a plan to collapse the US dollar and replace it with a one world currency (crypto). 

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/49196326/silent-weapons-for-quiet-warspdf-version-stopthecrimenet

I completely agree. This is part of the One word govt. etc... Agenda 21/Agenda 2030. Hence why Brexit really put a spanner in the works of the United States of Europe (of which Macron is pushing Merkle hard to implement now that the southern states are really weak)

However there are a lot of people that are awake and that are waking up that will reject that and push for PMs and/or a gold standard again. 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

10 hours ago, Empire said:

The premiums for physical silver is crazy. Anyone else put off by this? 15% underwater straight away, and that's assuming you can get VAT free 🤔 Definitely leaning towards a physical ETF to be honest, at least it's easy to liquidate.

Hallmarked Sterling silver flatware can be bought very easily at well under spot. In the last 24 hours I've bought about 14 ounces of silver at around £17.80 an ozt, thats about 18% under spot.

Whilst any dealer will give you 88% of spot when coming to sell, I'm sure if I offered silver on the forum at spot price or just below, I'd have a few takers. 

7 hours ago, Bibbs said:

Just one sentence for you..

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

Not while 59% of the worlds population still don't have access to the internet. 

37 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

Just one sentence for you..

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

Not while 59% of the worlds population still don't have access to the internet. 

Well don't say I didn't warn you, if you haven't noticed, every government in the WORLD is in total lockstep right now, but you thought that would never happen either. 

Edited by Bibbs

4 minutes ago, vand said:

Damn.. got up to £22.5 and change overnight.

these big out-of-hour moves are quite unusual. I’m not sure what it signals - maybe another sign of weakening dollar hegemony. 

I thought PM where traded 24 hours a day over three stock markets, or maybe I imagined that?

Just something to bear in mind during these price moves. Yes the dollar has weakened quite a bit in the last few weeks, by about 8 points (relatively speaking close to 9%). Silver hasnt gone up by 9%. Its gone up 50% in that same time frame. This price move is far more than normal price correction in line with dollar weakening.