• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

Ladies, and Gentlemen, boys and girls, those of confused or mixed genders, young and old.

I would like for this to be the tread where we comment on the price movements of silver.

as i saw silver drop to 11.29. I thought to myself what is going on, and who knows the answer.

This will be the thread to discuss, movements, up or down, causes. Lets see how this pans out.

as i write this silver is 11.42, up 1.1% from the low of 11.29.

for me i can see silver being smacked down and trying to get back on it’s feet. as it climbs it gets smacked down again.

Yup! Good idea for a thread! :)

Silver is going up and down like a brides nighty at the moment, as my dad would say! lol  It does seem that as soon as it look like a break out someone knocks it over again. It is pretty obvious whatever scale you look at the graph! But it will continue it's steady climb which is started in December I reckon. It still feels bullish to me. It should pick up again in the next few days! :D

Currently at £11.51 and fallin.... no rise... no fall.... no ri....no f........ !!

lol, 11.52. 

i think it will rise maybe 30p and then get smacked real hard down to 11 dead.... May-Aug seem to be bitch-slap season for silver.

that little fall off the cliff seems to be in line with summertime falls... lets keep an eye on it, and if it gets trampled like an abused husband in a marriage.

lets “liberate” it from its oppressive owners hahah.

Disclaimer: I am not, nor have I ever been abused by my wife. (yep she insisted i write that - love her) :D

I decline to answer. LOL 

Nah we have a fun relationship. There isn’t any violence, but if there was any it would come from her. <- i can assure you she is grinning at this very moment plotting her revenge for me writing this.

So much for the oppressed muslim woman PAH. 

I bought on the dips thinking I would win later but the cycle repeated ... and repeated ... and continues to repeat.

When betting on roulette say on the red.

Keep betting on the red and you will eventually win back your losses provided you double your previous bet.

Ever seen 12 consecutive blacks ?

I have.

1. Assume your first bet is $10 and it is black, lost $10

2. Bet $20 black, total loss $30

3. Bet $40 black, loss $70

4. Bet $80 black, loss $150

5. Bet $160 black, loss $310

6. Bet $320 black, loss $630

7. Bet $640 black, loss $1270

8. Bet $1280 black, loss $2350

9. Bet $2560 black, loss $4910

10. Bet $5120 black, loss $10,300

11. Bet $10,240 black, loss $20,540

12. Bet $20,480 black, loss $41,020

13. Bet $40,960 red WIN collect $40,960 for overall loss of $60

So betting with $10 might require $40,000 or more to win back losses over time and might still cost you $60

Buying silver is not gambling as you will not loose all of your investment but using a strategy of piling in when cheap shows that if prices continue to slide then be ready for a much bigger investment than perhaps you originally intended, assuming you are trying to cover your earlier losses.

I have pinned this thread as I think it is a good topic which will run and run. Worth having it pinned to stop duplicate threads coming up. We already have the "Price Movement" thread discussing similar issues, so I thought by sticking this at the top of the forum it would prompt us all to use this thread to discuss silver prices, and keep all that conversation in one place.

Personally, I don't agree with the crazy hippo - I don't see this last 'peak' as being as far as silver will go. I still feel bullish about silver, and expect the upwards trend started in January will continue after this brief hiccup. Looks at today's chart - it gained back twice what it lost this AM. Will gain tomorrow too I think. I think the days of £5 £6 or £7 silver are long behind us, not ahead!!! ;)

Ares, you might wanna hold out to monday, see what sort of lul/drop may day brings.

IMHO it is not really worth bothering to try and time the market if you are buying weekly or monthly to try and save £10 or £20 it might cost you £20 more after May day.

Just keep buying and don't worry about trivial amounts of money.The PMs market will turn around big time,when I haven't a clue could be next month or 5 years time,but as the saying goes you have to be in it to win it, and it will come just be patient and keep buying.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Motorbikez, i agree with you...

but i sure is heck get a kick out of buying right at the bottom of a dip.

Nothing is impossible though.... in my lifetime I’ve seen empires collapse, a wall that split the world in two get torn down, I’ve seen the champions of democracy butcher children in the street. and I’ve not hit 3 decades yet, I’ve just learnt to never underestimate the people in charge.

your neighbours can be lovely but the ones in charge just want to bend you over a barrel.

the community that cares about silver is still relatively trivial, the world wouldn’t batt an eyelid if silver dropped to £2 an oz...

however if we all got together and refused to buy until market manipulation just stopped, we would rid them of their power. or would they ignore us and simply go on and buy their big bricks? i don know, maybe I’m a little paranoid, too much green in my younger days.

Motorbikez, i agree with you...

but i sure is heck get a kick out of buying right at the bottom of a dip.

maybe I’m a little paranoid, too much green in my younger days.

We all do buddy even us oldies the over 50s, Too much green what was that cabbage cauliflower or brussel sprouts  :lol:

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Aye, twas the magical cabbage, it grew lush in fields of green (or ya know my uni dorm wardrobe), aww holidays to Egypt and morocco.

it was all medicinal of course, i had appetite issues.

LOL- they called me crazy hippo for a reason. awww good times, good times, irreparable damage to my brain but good times.

True, true, it would just have been so darn satisfying buying 20 Pandas at 11.29. Would have if I was at my computer ;)

But still I do agree that silver - ultimately - will have an upward trend and will have another peak like in 2011. Just a bit annoying when you've got the money and all you can do is wave goodbye to the dip because you can do SFA about it.

I agree about hitting and missing the dips. I would spend ages analysing and agonising and found at the end of the day that I might have saved a fiver for all my efforts! And all this time later it is just forgotten. The best time to buy silver is when you have a few quid in yer pocket!! Of course, it would be nice to always hot the dips, but by the end of the year it might only add up to an extra ounce or two. In the grand scheme of things very little difference.

Still wavering around the £11.72 mark I see. Will be up again tomorrow, I'm sure of that! :ph34r:

As a reknowned penny-pincher, I still get upset about missing a dip, however I just have to remind myself I have bought at considerably higher than the current price (£11.73) before, and so I'm still getting a reasonable deal if i buy now. Miffed simply because as the price hit a low today I was so busy at work I hadn't got time to put an order in, and by the time I'd cleared my workload, whoosh! The price had hiked back up again.

Sometimes dealers don't track the dips as deeply as the charts suggest so often you are not really missing the dips; as for you and I they are only virtual.

The big players of course get the full benefit of the volatility in spot.