• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How do you store yours?

Ravoma

So my stack has been growing a fair whack over the past year. This has got me now starting to think of storage. I currently have a small safe for my gold and a crafted wooden box for my silver. I am thinking of getting a larger more robust fire proof safe.

How do you store yours? Looking to see others storage solutions and maby take advantage of others knowledge on the matter.

Rav

Vintage safe I refuse to take pics of sorry its too heavy to move from where its put without the use of lifting equipment and reason I went vintage rather than new was couple of factors wasn't built to a cost and too rare to have opening videos on YouTube 

• 2 weeks later...

Safety deposit box is a good way for sure but what I don't like about it is that the insurance that comes with it is only £10,000 , 10k is nothing , if the value of your gold is only 10k you would not even think about putting it in a safe deposit box and paying £20-£30 a month to  protect it , so you will have to purchase extra insurance and end up paying nearly £400-£500 a year to keep your gold safe and I don't like that number at all , I might as well sell the whole stack and put the money in bank so I don't have to worry about it all the time and pay someone loads of money to guard it for me .

And if you don't buy insurance then you are still worried abut your gold because if something happens to  the vault your gold is gone .

The other disadvantage is that you can not access your safe box easily and if the world goes through a chaotic situation for example a lockdown then you can't access your box for a period of time, **** knows how long that time might be .

For those reasons I don't use a safety deposit box .

Archived