• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

100g The Silver Forum Bars (2020) - Official Release Thread!

BackyardBullion
Message added by ChrisSilver

UPDATE 14th September 2020:

Hello everyone. @ChrisSIlver and I are very happy to announce the official reveal and general release of the 2020 100g Silver Forum Bars!

There are a lot of different aspects to tell you about so I have split this post up into various sections, hopefully this will cover most of your questions but if there is something I have not covered then please feel free to get in touch or comment on this thread. 

Some lovely pictures of the bars first!

438590415_150bars(2).thumb.jpg.96773b9152fadfe4b8d9dbb190d92d9e.jpg

2006128886_BarNo_059.thumb.jpg.ee9f5dc1319db87c33f5c9c978c3451f.jpg

What are The Silver Forum Bars all about?

The Silver Forum Bars (in all their sizes) have been created as a way to draw the silver forum community together but also as a fundraising and brand awareness raising exercise. Proceeds from the sales of these bars go to The Silver Forum and help keep the forum running in the way we have become accustomed to. Silver Premium, Gold Premium and Platinum memberships go a long way to helping the running of the forum and to help keep the membership prices as low as practical, The Silver Forum Bars we make help a lot with this too.

Any support you can give is greatly appreciated.

In addition, these bars are about raising brand awareness for The Silver Forum and to encourage new people to join and to make standard members think about supporting the forum by upgrading their membership or simply supporting the forum on a one off basis. 

Hand Poured Silver Partnership

Hand poured silver has evolved so much in the last 4 years and it is evident that Hallmarked Poured silver is becoming ever more popular.

These bars are all hand poured, stamped and finished by myself meaning each and every bar is unique in some way. The weights will vary bar to bar (although none less than 100g) and the cooling patterns of the silver will also be unique and different for each one. Even the stamping (again done by hand) is different bar to bar.

The allure of hand poured silver is growing stronger month by month and these bars are a brilliant way to start collecting hand poured silver and at the same time supporting the forum and my own business too!

Hallmarking

As with all of my Hand Poured Silver products these bars are Assay Tested and Hallmarked by the Edinburgh Assay Office. 

These bars are hallmarked with a 2mm sized mark - it is a larger and more expensive mark than normal but it really shows off the beauty of the Edinburgh Assay Office's work. 

Hallmarking is a very good addition to any poured silver. It is your guarantee that these bars are indeed 999 fine silver and made by me in 2020.

If anyone wants to find out more about hallmarking please feel free to get in touch!

Schedule, production and delivery

These bars are DONE and ready for immediate shipping. 

Mintage Figures

In 2019 we reduced the mintage to fall in line with VAT registration thresholds. I have been able to plan ahead in 2020 and we have reintroduced the 150 mintage figure.

For a complete photo portfolio of the bars (or if you want to see what your serial number looks like!) we have a photo database on our website: https://backyardbullion.com/100g-silver-forum-bars-2020/

Mintage figures are as follows for all the releases of 100g bars to date:

2020: 150 bars

2019: 100 bars

2018: 150 bars

2017: 150 bars

These mintage figures are set and will not change.

Pricing 

Our pricing is as follows. I believe these prices to be a fair reflection of the work, time, energy and effort that goes into making these pieces and also take into account the increase in raw metal prices. 

Standard or Non member price - £112.00 per bar

Silver Premium member price - £107.00 per bar

Gold & Platinum member price - £102.00 per bar

UK Postage: 

1 bar: +£3.50 (2nd Signed at buyers risk) or +£7 for special delivery 

2 bars or more: Free special Delivery

International postage: +£10 tracked for 1 bar or free for 2+ bars

Please note: Due to the exceptional price movements in the markets and the fluctuation in supply of replacement raw materials we reserve the right to amend our prices in the event of significant movements in spot price. Any changes in published prices will be communicated out on this thread. 

Forum membership and pricing 

As you can see there are some very good savings to be had for upgrading your membership - so take a look at the benefits that are available for premium and gold premium members today!

Guaranteed bars for owners of 2019 editions

As with all our Silver Forum products we offer first right of refusal to all owners of a previous years serial number. 

So, the following applies:

• If you own a bar with a serial number between 1 and 100 from 2019 then you will be able to reserve the same serial number for 2020.
  • If you wish to reserve that number you need to do so BEFORE 5th September 2020. You also need to pay for your bar before 5th September 2020!
  • Members who do not own bars from 2019 will be able to put their name down on a waiting list for unallocated bars.
  • After 5th September 2020 we will know how many bars are still available against how many people are on the waiting list.
  • At this time there are no limits on how many bars you can reserve but we may reduce this to accommodate as many members as possible.
  • In the even that there are more members than bars available we will draw a random ballot to allocate bars to people.
  • We will then communicate a fair and open way to decide who gets what bar(s).

Not got a 2019 bar? Join the waiting list today!

To formally join the waiting list all you need to do is comment on this thread or drop me a PM that you wish to have a bar. 

I hope that all makes sense. In summary, you have until 5th September 2020 to reserve and/or pay for your existing serial numbers if you have a 2019 edition.

A few notes on pricing of these bars

These bars are hand poured, hand stamped and polished by me. They take a lot of time and energy and equipment to create. These are premium hand poured silver products, not cheap bullion. They are a way to support the Backyard Bullion business, my brand and most importantly, The Silver Forum. As I said earlier, proceeds from the sale of these bars go towards the upkeep and running costs of this forum. This helps keep membership prices as low as possible for premium and gold premium members and ensures that standard members can still use this forum for free. The price also incorporates the Hallmarking costs, this includes postage of these bars to and from Edinburgh and the application of the hallmark.

In addition the current price of raw silver used to melt is increasing with rising spot prices. Any product sold is measured against the cost to replace it based on current prices in the market. We are not profiteering from the rise in silver prices. We had always planned to release these bars in August 2020. 

Standard members - The difference in price is as a way for you to support the forum in a one off style payment rather than signing up for membership. But also please feel free to upgrade your membership to take advantage of the discounts available. 

Payment Information

To secure the reservation of your bars and serial numbers you will need to pay me before 5th September 2020

If you are interested then please let me know in this thread or via PM and I will then reply with the payment information.

Payment will be via Banks Transfer or PayPal. We can accept other forms of payment too, just ask if you would like to find out more. 

Also, I welcome all feedback and any questions you might have about these bars. 

Thanks for reading and thanks for supporting The Silver Forum!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Troy77 said:

One for me please No. 77 if no one else has it. Any number will be cool though👍😉

Thanks buddy @Paddy is down against 77 so you might have to sweet talk him into selling his 2019 to you if you wanted to guarantee it 🙂

Otherwise, we will add you to the waiting list!

5 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Thanks buddy @Paddy is down against 77 so you might have to sweet talk him into selling his 2019 to you if you wanted to guarantee it 🙂

Otherwise, we will add you to the waiting list!

Yeah no worries, stick me on the list I'd be happy to just get one 👍😉

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

Please can I get 2 bars. 079 and 081. 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Guys and gals, thank you for all the messages and comments on this thread for waiting list spots!

Big uptake on these, thank you!

I will likely not be replying to messages as it is so hot here today I am going to go melt in the corner.....

I will reply in time though....

Archived