• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

RM 5oz Silver - Queen, Elton & Bond “Gossip”

Picked up a couple of each coin recently, so I thought I’d start a thread just for the latest 5oz RM Silvers.

Queen & Elton 5oz on Pre-Order at coin connection although Elton looks like it can’t be put in the basket?? 

https://www.thecoinconnection.co.uk

The next Bond coin will be out soon, so I wonder if the 5oz version will have a different design for Coin 2 in the series (like it did for Coin 1). I’m not a fan of the standard Coin 2 design, so here’s hoping🤞

Any other coinsters out there a 5oz silver fan??? This is the thread for you!

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

21 minutes ago, LiamOld said:

I managed to grab it yesterday but soon afterwards it said it was sold out 

Congrats Liam 👏 Do you have any other 5ozs? I’ve just started collecting them with Bond so far. October seems too far away!! 

33 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Congrats Liam 👏 Do you have any other 5ozs? I’ve just started collecting them with Bond so far. October seems too far away!! 

Cheers, and same here I got the Bond 5oz, lovely isn't it. And for sure, hopefully time will fly by.

2 minutes ago, LiamOld said:

Cheers, and same here I got the Bond 5oz, lovely isn't it. And for sure, hopefully time will fly by.

Ordered the Queen one for my 3 y.o daughter, she just loves “we will rock you”. Had to get it for her (for when she’s older 😂). 

3 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Ordered the Queen one for my 3 y.o daughter, she just loves “we will rock you”. Had to get it for her (for when she’s older 😂). 

Haha very nice, she's already got a good taste in music

1 hour ago, goldmember44 said:

I saw these for sale now (but not yet on Royal Mint website). Any ideas as to the mintages?

425 on the Eltons, 750 on the Queen (huge fan base I guess), 440 on the Bond (secondary market only now I think). 

Dealers seem to allow pre-orders on the Elton & Queen even before Royal Mint has released it officially (unless these are only being sold via dealers maybe?). 

23 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

425 on the Eltons, 750 on the Queen (huge fan base I guess), 440 on the Bond (secondary market only now I think). 

Dealers seem to allow pre-orders on the Elton & Queen even before Royal Mint has released it officially (unless these are only being sold via dealers maybe?). 

Ah yeah, like the Coin Connection selling the first two now...but it's not released on the Royal Mint website yet. I guess the Royal Mint price might be slightly lower than the £575 of CC? We'll see. But nevertheless a good buy, I think these will definitely reach over £1,000 on auction.

57 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Ah yeah, like the Coin Connection selling the first two now...but it's not released on the Royal Mint website yet. I guess the Royal Mint price might be slightly lower than the £575 of CC? We'll see. But nevertheless a good buy, I think these will definitely reach over £1,000 on auction.

Yes, Coin Connection will certainly QC these better than the RM!

Bond on eBay is close to £1,000 raw plus P&P plus import tax from USA 😱

3FCEBCB3-D785-45AB-B92B-A83BF6F321CF.png

5 hours ago, BrumChris said:

Last UK bond sold for £1500. Might just be a one off though.

Thanks, what site did that sell on? Just interested.

Some guy on Facebook wants £6,500 for his with the COA “007”, so that’s £5k for small piece of card! Nice little lottery though. I guess it means anyone could get a 007 COA on direct purchase form RM. I thought someone like Daniel Craig would have got those early on. 👌 

1 hour ago, Simmoleon said:

Will be interesting if £575 off Coin Connection this time next year ends up being a bargain; I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if it did the way the market is currently 

It will be, I mean...even the 2oz coins fetched over £1,000 already on Coin Cabinet auction. I can't see why 5oz would be less...

On 07/08/2020 at 18:09, MancunianStacker said:

Picked up a couple of each coin recently, so I thought I’d start a thread just for the latest 5oz RM Silvers.

Queen & Elton 5oz on Pre-Order at coin connection although Elton looks like it can’t be put in the basket?? 

https://www.thecoinconnection.co.uk

The next Bond coin will be out soon, so I wonder if the 5oz version will have a different design for Coin 2 in the series (like it did for Coin 1). I’m not a fan of the standard Coin 2 design, so here’s hoping🤞

Any other coinsters out there a 5oz silver fan??? This is the thread for you!

I've been hovering over the buy button for the 5oz queen coin from the coin connection for the last 24 hours, if buying will get it graded to get first release label then flip I think, these things are making crazy money at the moment.

5 hours ago, Simmoleon said:

Will be interesting if £575 off Coin Connection this time next year ends up being a bargain; I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if it did the way the market is currently 

Massive increase from Bond at £485 which included royalty payments. I fear the 5oz Queen will depress the 2oz price.

My understanding of the 5oz Silver Queen and Elton is that this is not a "core" release for the mint, and may for the most part have been minted for one of the distributors so it may not be widely available. The Silver 5oz bond IS special because it has a special design.  The 2oz Queen Silver and Elton 2oz Silver and for that part the bond 2oz Silver are suddenly in massive demand due to the recent auction prices realised. 

I think auction prices will continue to be high but a little lower in all probability than recent auction prices but you can never tell. Lots of them are being graded right now and I am concerned everyone will try to sell them at the same time in a couple of months and depress prices as a result.

1 hour ago, Numistacker said:

My understanding of the 5oz Silver Queen and Elton is that this is not a "core" release for the mint, and may for the most part have been minted for one of the distributors so it may not be widely available. The Silver 5oz bond IS special because it has a special design.  The 2oz Queen Silver and Elton 2oz Silver and for that part the bond 2oz Silver are suddenly in massive demand due to the recent auction prices realised. 

I think auction prices will continue to be high but a little lower in all probability than recent auction prices but you can never tell. Lots of them are being graded right now and I am concerned everyone will try to sell them at the same time in a couple of months and depress prices as a result.

Grade and hold seems to be a good plan. Those who sold their PF70 Unas immediately may well now wish they had kept hold of them for a few months?? 

Archived