• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 500 Britannia’s/monster box

jenx

3 hours ago, jenx said:

Thanks. I have contacted one seller who is prepared to sell at £12500, but wants me to do it outside of the site. Whilst I understand he would save some fees I am not 100% comfortable with it. 

I've done this a couple of times, to be fair the seller will be saving nearly 1k so very much worth it. Tbh if that's an option I think it would be foolish not to take it, provided you can verify silver is real

3 hours ago, jenx said:

Thanks. I have contacted one seller who is prepared to sell at £12500, but wants me to do it outside of the site. Whilst I understand he would save some fees I am not 100% comfortable with it. 

100% don't do this! not covered by Ebay's buyer protection if you do

3 hours ago, jenx said:

You are insane if you do that and by post! Never! Unless you know this bloke, and even then!! 

The only option is to meet in person, in a public place, with a BIG friend, and pay cash/bank transfer but only after you check one tube, and weight all other tubes, you can see coins in tubes from side. You should find weight on tube at 817gm each. There is still a risk and unless it’s 9k a box I would not bother. Pick up some silver here! It’s saver to buy in smaller amounts. Or buy direct from Baird & Co (they can also store), just don’t forget to pay the VAT if you collect it! ;) 

20 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Currently £12,875 from the european mint, +shipping

Cheap as chips said No one! But it's probably the only of a few places to get them.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Thanks for the responses.  It was never my intention to pay by bank transfer and receive it by post. 
if you buy from a dealer you get exposed to the 20% vat and premium. I was hoping to find a cheaper deal from someone looking to realise some profits from a box bought when the price was a lot lower. There should be a middle ground where I can get a discount and the seller will get more than a dealer would give them whilst not having to deal with lots of people in smaller transactions. 
I have now ordered from eldorado coins. Let’s see how that goes. 

5 minutes ago, jenx said:

Thanks for the responses.  It was never my intention to pay by bank transfer and receive it by post. 
if you buy from a dealer you get exposed to the 20% vat and premium. I was hoping to find a cheaper deal from someone looking to realise some profits from a box bought when the price was a lot lower. There should be a middle ground where I can get a discount and the seller will get more than a dealer would give them whilst not having to deal with lots of people in smaller transactions. 
I have now ordered from eldorado coins. Let’s see how that goes. 

Best of luck with the order buddy

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

11 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

European mint is in Estonia, 0% VAT on silver !

Thanks. The price I have paid eldorado coins is lower than European mint, but that was this morning. If the price keeps on climbing like it has today it might be at spot by the time it arrives. 

Eldorado have recently just got a load of Brittanias in (as there was a shortage), so probably want to shift them while the price is high, before a possible drop back. 
Shame you were not on here last month, someone had a MB for £9.5k I think?? 

As mentioned I would be very wary unless i bought from the seller & could check the capsules.
Make sure that your allowed to open the seals, dont bring cash & make sure you have someone with you. 

Having said that if I was the seller I would also have security I think!! 

3 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Eldorado have recently just got a load of Brittanias in (as there was a shortage), so probably want to shift them while the price is high, before a possible drop back. 
Shame you were not on here last month, someone had a MB for £9.5k I think?? 

As mentioned I would be very wary unless i bought from the seller & could check the capsules.
Make sure that your allowed to open the seals, dont bring cash & make sure you have someone with you. 

Having said that if I was the seller I would also have security I think!! 

I would be there all day weighing each coin and checking dates. Might have to bite each one like they do in the Western movies. 

15 hours ago, jenx said:

I would be there all day weighing each coin and checking dates. Might have to bite each one like they do in the Western movies. 

Bring a magnet. I think you only bite gold as its soft, but I don't think any numismatic collector would even dream of that LOL. ;)

I have never checked any of my silver coins, you can just tell from the feel & sound if its the real thing or not. I would not be so confident with a large bar though. I do feel that there will be a lot more fakes being bought if the price rockets, so its important to stay off Ebay with sellers that have next to no feedback. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived