• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help finding a smelter?

This is a general question for the melters/forgers (sorry if I dont know the correct term)..

Awhile ago I was given a lot of copper wheaties. Because of their overall condition and just not worth much in a general sense, I was thinking about having them melted down. I would then have it turned into a bar Ior some other remembrance item) and then have it engraved with my Aunt and Uncles name or some such to remember them by since it was them I got the coins from.

Just a display piece then pass it onto my son as they treated him very well.

Does anyone know how I would go about finding someone that could do that? Due to the weight I would want it as "local" as possible.

Ive tagged @BackyardBullion as I know he works in that realm, sorry to bother you, and dont know if there is like a group or place you could check or point me to.

Along that then what could I expect price wise.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim

@Aknot

With you being in the US it's not very practical for me to even think of helping, sorry!

On a secondary note, I only work with 999 silver at the moment because of the assay requirements we have and the risk of working with other metals and that affecting my assay results is just not worth it!

I'm sure there would be a US melter that can help though.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Archived