• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Half sovereign with slight rotation? Added premium?

Schnitzel

I have an Australian half Sovereign 1915 that when I looked closer at it seems to have rotation betweel the obverse and the reverse.I moved it to a paper flip and added a staple at 6 o'clock to show the difference, the St George side looks straigt in the flip but apparantly I didn't hold the camera straight haha! But hopefully you can see the difference. 

Personally I have never heard about sovs being rotated? Have any of you? Is it any added premium if selling? Gold is up after all :)

Sov1.jpg

Sov 2.jpg

Lovely looking half sov (be careful with the staples! 😅). Rotated ones do exist and 'oddities' may attract premium from certain buyers. 

Surely @drakesterling knows all about these type of coins.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, MickB said:

Ever considered it's a fake? 

I have not in fact. I bought it from a reputable source a year or so ago :)

2 hours ago, jultorsk said:

Lovely looking half sov (be careful with the staples! 😅). Rotated ones do exist and 'oddities' may attract premium from certain buyers. 

Surely @drakesterling knows all about these type of coins.

Yes! I was VERY careful not to have the stapler to close hehe. I have a special coin flip stapler that can get up and close without touching the coin itself. 

1 hour ago, drakesterling said:

Sovs and halves rotated like this occur not infrequently. Anything less than 90 degrees is not really noteworthy unless you're really into it, but still, great observation.

Eric

I see! Thanks for the info :) I like it just the way it is and it goes great with my 1861 Australian half :) And my full sov collection :P Thanks again for the info!

Archived