• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How about this for multi sovereign bullion delivery packaging effort...

Prophecy

Just received a decent haul of sovs from a reputable dealer in Europe (they're on the gold comparison website) for the safety deposit... imagine my delight when I hear jingling. All in one bag... and wasn't secured to the bubble wrap so was loose in the bottom of the box. Note my sarcasm when I say that the bubble wrap really did fill all corners of the box too...

edit - The situation has been rectified. It was an anomaly on their part and I have no hesitation in ordering from them in the future.

IMG_7640.jpg

IMG_7639.jpg

Wow, just...wow...how hard is this?? Someone needs remedial packaging training. Step 1) Fold cardboard into box shape. Step 2) Tape bottom of cardboard box. Step 3) Insert coins into individual plastic flips. Step 4) Insert flipped coins in plastic bag. Step 5) Wrap plastic bag containing coins with roll of bubble wrap. Step 6) Insert bubble-wrapped roll of coins in open end of cardboard box. Step 7) Fold box flaps shut. Step 8) Tape box securely closed.

Done! All in eight easy steps! Come on people, this stuff isn’t that hard! 🤪😁

4 hours ago, Jimmy2trees said:

That packaging is shockingly bad both aesthetically and security wise.

You should name and shame.

I think I have given enough clues. However, I will depending on their customer service. 

4 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

But why is the box so big? 🤔

Is it to disguise the contents? A quick shake would tell anyone they’re coins. Maybe the new starter packed them.

I wouldn’t be happy.

Content disguise, yes. Sadly, useless considering the bloody jingles

On 03/08/2020 at 19:54, CadmiumGreen said:

Wow, just...wow...how hard is this?? Someone needs remedial packaging training. Step 1) Fold cardboard into box shape. Step 2) Tape bottom of cardboard box. Step 3) Insert coins into individual plastic flips. Step 4) Insert flipped coins in plastic bag. Step 5) Wrap plastic bag containing coins with roll of bubble wrap. Step 6) Insert bubble-wrapped roll of coins in open end of cardboard box. Step 7) Fold box flaps shut. Step 8) Tape box securely closed.

Done! All in eight easy steps! Come on people, this stuff isn’t that hard! 🤪😁

TL;DR

Chuck it in the box

On 05/08/2020 at 11:57, MrFreezerrr said:

Wow...just wow! Opening something like that would give you a face like on @HGr his new coin... a combination of first being happy the package arrived and then after opening mildly psychokiller.

B886C639-D937-408C-A9CF-C25A4AABC329.jpeg

Is that a Pobjoy special?

4 hours ago, Prophecy said:

Is that a Pobjoy special?

Johnson Matthey. Clearly they should have stuck to bars!

Added 0 minutes later...
6 hours ago, Ravoma said:

@HGr I love how that beautiful coin is your profile pic. 🤣

I didn't think it was being reposted enough 😅

FYI this thread is about CoinInvest packaging. I had contacted them about it as just a heads up because no apparent damage occurred (although I am sure some of the coins received were gradeable before their delivery but that's not what they were sold as - just bullion). I heard nothing back from them so happy to name them, especially as another forum member is thinking of using them to buy gold coins to be gifted to their young relatives. 

Hi there @Prophecy,

First of all, thank you for purchasing from us.

To be honest with you, we are baffled as to how this happened. Our warehouse employees are highly trained and package precious goods on a daily basis. We also use video surveillance to ensure that packaging is up to the highest standards. This is the first time that we have received a complaint like this, as @daca comments above, our products arrive securely packaged.

On 03/08/2020 at 20:13, daca said:

@Prophecy I recognize the bubble wrap, mine arrive all secure in the middle on the bubbles.

After 14 years of being present in the market, we can assure you that this is certainly an anomaly. 

A couple of unboxing videos below:

Have a lovely evening,

Your coininvest.com team

coininvest.png

www.coininvest.com - coininvest GmbH

+44-20-369-50335 / +49-69-348-77570 / sales@coininvest.com

coininvest.com specializes in buying and selling gold and silver bars and coins to private individuals as well as institutional investors, financial advisors and resellers. coininvest.com helps their customers to invest in inflation-safe assets, with its offer ranging from 1g to 1000g gold bars topped off with all popular gold and silver coins. coininvest.com offers excellent prices as we purchase directly from mints and producers and act as their official distributor. coininvest.com is your expert for buying, selling, transporting, storing, insuring, sorting and reprocessing precious metals.

@coininvest Thank you for the response. I assumed it was an anomaly but had to call it out in this instance as I heard nothing back. Busy times. I'm sure you can work out who packed it and give them some advice. I have no hesitation in ordering from you in the future. Thanks.

Archived